Asia
Macau casino stock prices surge after easing of travel restrictions

In a rare piece of positive news for the gambling and casino industry, casinos in Macau saw their stock prices surge this week after the neighboring province of Guangdong eased travel restrictions to allow more people to visit the gambling capital of the world.
Macau has since 2007 generated more gambling revenue than any place on Earth, outstripping Las Vegas. However, the onset of the coronavirus pandemic, and the subsequent travel bans, have severely damaged the Chinese region economically.
Figures from June reported a 97 percent decline in casino revenue year-on-year, the lowest decline in Macau’s history, while last month’s reports meant Macau suffered year-on-year decline of more than 90 percent for three successive months.
Macau’s financial difficulties during the Covid-19 outbreak have been reflected in other gambling hotspots, including Las Vegas and New Jersey, with thousands of jobs lost and thousands more at risk.
However, this week stock prices rebounded in a big way, offering a glimmer of hope that Macau and its leading casinos are on the road to recovery. Galaxy Entertainment closed at a 6.2 percent gain having at one point surged to 11.1 percent, while Sands China – another prominent company on the Macau strip – closed at a five percent increase.
The stock surges came after Guangdong ended its 14-day quarantine requirements for visitors crossing the Guangdong-Macau border, starting from July 15. Instead of a mandatory 14-day quarantine, visitors must now hold “green” health cards and present a negative Covid test that proves they tested negative within the seven days prior to arriving in Macau.
Considering that Guangdong – with a population of more than 113 million people – was responsible for around half of Macau’s annual visitors last year, this easing of restrictions is a massive boost to Macau’s economy, and economic experts believe the city will start to rebound as a result.
“We expect the removal of the quarantine requirement will lead to a rebound in Macau’s gross gaming revenue following a 77 per cent drop in the first half of 2020, and help reduce gaming operators’ cash burn,” said Sean Hwang, an analyst at Moody’s Investors Service.
“However, we expect the recovery in Macau’s gaming market to be slow, given continued restrictions and new requirements for travel, sluggish economic growth across the region, and the public’s lingering fear of contagion.”
Macau’s biggest strength in ‘normal’ times has proved to be its biggest weakness during the pandemic. A special administrative region in China, Macau welcomes around 35 million visitors each year, the overwhelming majority of whom visit to gamble and enjoy the entertainment associated with the casino resorts.
As the only region in China with legal gambling, Macau has had a near monopoly on Chinese visitors who wish to gamble, plus the many international tourists who visit to enjoy the luxury and decadence on offer in the city.
However, as travel bans ground domestic and international tourism to a halt, Macau’s over-reliance on the casino industry has become horribly exposed. While casino operators in North America, Europe, and other parts of Asia have been able to pivot toward online casino betting services to help soften the economic blow, Macau has been left stranded due to China’s restrictions on online gambling.
(If you want to know more about online casino betting click here: https://extra.betamerica.com/casino/ )
Macau’s reliance on casino revenue has not been lost on the region’s head of government, Ho lat Seng, who in April criticized the “excessive dependence” on the gambling industry as it became clear just how badly hit Macau had been by the economic effects of the pandemic.
“With the outbreak of the novel coronavirus, the gaming and tourism industries registered significant declines, with profound impact on industries connected to these areas,” Ho said. “This demonstrates, once again, the vulnerability and the enormous risks of the Macau economy’s excessive dependence on gaming and tourism industries.
“The healthy and stable development of the gambling and tourism sector will continue for a certain period of time and will be the basis of the continued stability of the economy of Macau. Nevertheless, if the monolithism of the industrial structure remains unchanged, it will inhibit the sustainable development of Macao’s economy.”
While Macau undoubtedly needs to do more to diversify its economy, the easing of travel restrictions and the stock market surge for casino operators at least offers some good news after months of nothing but doom and gloom.
Asia
Asian Poker Tour Announces Cancellation of APT Manila 2025

The Asian Poker Tour has announced the cancellation of APT Manila 2025, which was scheduled to take place from May 30 to June 8, 2025, at the City of Dreams Manila.
The next scheduled APT tour stop following the upcoming APT Taipei 2025—running April 25 to May 4 with a TWD 70M (~USD 2.1M) guaranteed Main Event—will be the APT Incheon 2025; boasting a KRW 2.5M buy-in Main Event with a KRW 1.5B (~USD 1M) guarantee running August 1-10 at the Paradise Hotel & Resort.
This will be followed by the APT Jeju 2025, which boasts a KRW 2.6M buy-in Main Event with a KRW 2.2B (~USD 1.5M) prize pool guarantee and runs from September 26 to October 5 at Jeju Shinhwa World.
The 2025 APT poker schedule will conclude with the thrilling end of year APT Championship (APTC), which runs from November 14-30, 2025 at the Red Point Center’s brand new “Red Space” venue located in central Taipei.
The APTC Main Event boasts a massive TWD 165 million (~USD 5 million) prize pool guarantee – the largest the tour has ever offered.
Players can win their seat to this exciting TWD 350,000 (~USD 10,700) freezeout by competing in the tour’s three signature events—the APT Main Event, the APT High Roller and the APT Super High Roller—at each of the three remaining APT tour stops preceding the APTC.
The post Asian Poker Tour Announces Cancellation of APT Manila 2025 appeared first on European Gaming Industry News.
Asia
Birmingham City Forms Alliance with GOD55 as Their Official Asian Betting Partner

GOD55, a premier online gaming platform and leading operator in Southeast Asia, is proud to announce its partnership with Birmingham City Football Club as the club’s Official Asian Betting Partner.
Established in 2016, GOD55 has become one of the biggest and most trusted brands in the online gaming industry, offering a wide range of betting and entertainment options, including casino games, sports betting, and live dealer experiences. Leveraging cutting-edge technology, the platform provides users with seamless mobile and desktop access, real-time data integration, and high-quality streaming for live events.
As part of this exciting partnership, GOD55 has launched an exciting announcement film, filmed on location at Birmingham City’s St. Andrew’s @ Knighthead Park and Elite Performance Innovation Centre.
A spokesperson for GOD55 commented: “We are delighted to partner with Birmingham City, a club with a rich history and a dedicated global fanbase. This collaboration reflects our commitment to connecting with football enthusiasts and delivering an enhanced entertainment experience. Together, we aim to engage fans in innovative ways, celebrating the beautiful game while offering a world-class gaming platform for our users in Asia.”
Birmingham City also expressed their excitement about the partnership: “We’re thrilled to welcome GOD55 to the Birmingham City family as our Official Asian Betting Partner. This partnership highlights the club’s growing international appeal and provides an opportunity to further engage with our supporters in Asia. We look forward to working closely with GOD55 to achieve great things together.”
The post Birmingham City Forms Alliance with GOD55 as Their Official Asian Betting Partner appeared first on European Gaming Industry News.
Asia
FOMO7 Expands Platform with 46 New Indian Lottery Games

FOMO7, a trusted name in online entertainment, has unveiled a massive update to its gaming platform with 46 exciting new Indian lottery games, giving players even more chances to win guaranteed prizes in addition to their regular winnings.
This new launch brings a diverse mix of India’s most beloved lottery formats, including:
• Kerala Lottery
• Speed Matka Lottery
• Daily Matka Lottery
• Dear Lottery
• Daily Pick3, Pick4 & Pick5 Lotteries
• Wingo Lottery
With minimum bets starting at just ₹6, draws are held as frequently as every minute, and scheduled daily, weekly, and at popular time slots like 8 AM, 9 AM, 5 PM, 8 PM and 10 PM, offering a dynamic and rewarding experience for both casual and seasoned players. Top winnings go up to ₹10 Crores, making this one of the most lucrative opportunities in the online lottery space today.
In addition to its rich selection of lottery games, FOMO7 offers a comprehensive gaming experience with casino games, sports betting, instant sports and classic live sports, catering to all kinds of online gaming enthusiasts.
The post FOMO7 Expands Platform with 46 New Indian Lottery Games appeared first on European Gaming Industry News.
-
Aristocrat Interactive6 days ago
Aristocrat Interactive Delivers Custom Branded Game “Caesars Ultimate Stars” for Caesars Sportsbook & Casino
-
Latest News6 days ago
Embark on an Epic Adventure with Jenny Nevada in the Diamond Temple at SlotsCapital.lv – Enjoy a 150% Deposit Bonus
-
Cryptocurrency6 days ago
Slotland Entertainment Rolls out Dazzling New Slot, 8 Crystals, Across Multiple Brands with new Cryptocurrency Integration
-
Anthony Sanfilippo6 days ago
Wynn Resorts Announces Nomination of Anthony Sanfilippo to the Board of Directors
-
Latest News6 days ago
Week 13/2025 slot games releases
-
CT Gaming6 days ago
CT Gaming with First installations in Guatemala
-
Latest News6 days ago
GoldenRace Launches New Virtual Football for Retail
-
AGCO3 days ago
AGCO issues $110,000 in penalties to BetMGM Canada for offering cash to induce new gambling customers