Company achieves record Q3 against reduced marketing spend and flattened Opex, highlighting operating leverage; strongest customer KPI’s on a year-to-date basis in Rivalry Corp’s history; positioned to accelerate growth with recently announced $14M capital infusion
- Betting handle of $105.7 million, up 50% year-over-year, while reducing marketing spend 13%.
- Revenue of $8.7 million, a 22% increase year-over-year.
- Gross profit of $4.0 million, up 90% year-over-year.
- Casino has grown to approximately half of the company’s betting handle in Q3, demonstrating ability to cross-sell next generation bettors and drive growth against unseasonably low viewership in select Q3 eSports events.
- Year-to-date customer KPI’s the strongest in company history: all-time high average handle per customer, average revenue per user and record low cost of customer acquisition.
- Year-to-date betting handle has increased 127%, revenue by 70% and gross profit up 175% over the first nine months of 2022. Achieved while reducing marketing spend, highlighting the inherent operating leverage in the business.
- Subsequent to the quarter end, Rivalry Corp completed a $14 million capital infusion that strengthens the balance sheet and provides the company with capital to pursue growth and profitability at the same time.
- Company re-affirms guidance, anticipates achieving profitability in H1 2024.
- Announces virtual investor day to be held on January 17, 2024.
Rivalry Corp (TSXV: RVLY) (OTCQX: RVLCF) (FSE: 9VK), the leading sportsbook and iGaming operator for Millennials and Gen Z, today announced its financial results for the three and nine-month periods ended September 30, 2023. All dollar figures are quoted in Canadian dollars.
“We are proud to have delivered a record third quarter while exercising discipline on costs amidst a challenging capital markets environment for growth companies,” the co-founder and Chief Executive Officer for Rivalry Corp, Steven Salz, said. “Now, with our recently announced capital infusion, we will be able to go back on the offensive, while still maintaining our path to profitability.
“Years of consistent performance, flattened Opex multiple quarters in a row, demonstrated triple-digit growth year-over-year across core metrics year-to-date with all-time high average handle per customer, average revenue per user and record low cost of customer acquisition over that same period gives me high conviction in Rivalry Corp’s future. It is this proven operating leverage, supported by an improving sportsbook margin profile resulting in more revenue per dollar wagered now fuelled by growth capital, that is creating a significant opportunity set for Rivalry Corp. It is that combination which gives us confidence to reaffirm our first half 2024 profitability guidance.”
Third Quarter 2023 Highlights:
- Betting handle for Q3 2023 was $105.7 million, an increase of $35.4 million or 50% from $70.3 million in Q3 2022.
- Revenue was $8.7 million in Q3 2023, a record result for a third quarter, representing an increase of $1.6 million or 22% from $7.1 million of revenue in Q3 2022.
- Gross profit was $4.0 million in Q3 2023, an increase of $1.9 million or 90% from $2.1 million of gross profit in Q3 2022.
- The casino segment generated approximately half of total betting handle ($50.4 million). Recent casino product launches including a custom-branded slots category, a new original game Cash & Dash and the release of Casino.exe on our iOS mobile app in Ontario set the stage for continued growth and increased player wallet share.
- Modest decline in operating expenses sequentially continues the trend of effective cost management while still maintaining significant year-over-year growth rates at the company.
- Net loss was $5.6 million for Q3 2023, a 6% reduction from the net loss of $6.0 million in Q3 2022 and 12% decrease sequentially.
- Rivalry Corp launched an industry-first same-game parlay product for eSports within the quarter, supporting an improved sportsbook product mix and contributing to an enhanced margin profile.
- The company had $7.4 million of cash and no debt as at September 30, 2023.
- On November 15, 2023, Rivalry Corp strengthened its balance sheet with the announcement of a private placement offering of $14 million principal amount senior secured convertible debentures to scale several strategic verticals across marketing, product development and geographic expansion.
Year-to-Date 2023 Highlights:
- Betting handle for the nine-month period ended September 30, 2023 was $338.1 million, an increase of $189.2 million or 127% from $148.9 million in the comparable period of 2022 while marketing spend decreased by 8%.
- Revenue was $29.2 million in the first nine months of 2023, representing an increase of $12.0 million or 70% from $17.2 million of revenue the previous year.
- Gross profit was $13.2 million in the first nine months of 2023, an increase of $8.4 million or 175% from $4.8 million of gross profit a year earlier.
- Net loss of $15.2 million in the nine-month period ended September 30, 2023, a reduction of $3.6 million compared to a net loss of $18.8 million over the same period in 2022.
Rivalry Corp is pleased to announce a virtual investor day to be held at 10:00am EST on January 17, 2024. The company will discuss its outlook for 2024, growth initiatives, upcoming product innovations and insights into the Gen Z consumer. More details will be revealed in the coming weeks.
Investor Conference Call:
Management will host a conference call at 10:00am EST on Wednesday, November 29, 2023 to discuss the company’s third quarter 2023 financial results.
- Dial-in: 888-886-7786 (toll free) or (+1) 416-764-8658 (local or international calls).
- Webcast: A live webcast can be accessed from the Events section of the company’s website at www. RivalryCorp .com. A replay of the webcast will be archived on the company’s website for one year.
Rivalry Corp’s financial statements and management discussion and analysis for the period ended September 30, 2023 are available on SEDAR+ at www. SedarPlus.ca and on the company’s website at www. RivalryCorp .com.
The company also announces that it has approved a grant of stock options, pursuant to the terms of the company’s equity incentive plan, to an investor relations service provider. A total of 44,444 stock options have been awarded to such investor relations service provider. The stock options will be exercisable at an exercise price equal to the closing price of the subordinate voting shares on the TSX Venture Exchange two trading days following the issuance of this press release, for a period of five years from the date of the grant. The stock options vest in equal quarterly instalments over a period of twelve months, commencing on the three-month anniversary of the date of the grant.
Great Canadian Entertainment Appoints Pauline Alimchandani as CFO
Great Canadian Entertainment has announced that it has appointed Pauline Alimchandani as Chief Financial Officer, effective March 31, 2024, subject to customary regulatory approvals. At that time current CFO Darren Gwozd will step down from the role. Ms. Alimchandani will be responsible for overseeing the Company’s finance organization.
“I am delighted to welcome Pauline to our exceptional senior management team. Her extensive public company experience and deep record of successful leadership roles in finance, capital markets and financial reporting, will be immensely valuable as we continue to remain focused on delivering long-term growth and creating value for our stakeholders in a socially responsible way. I look forward to her contributions,” Matthew Anfinson, Chief Executive Officer of Great Canadian, said.
“Darren has been a valuable member of our Finance team for more than six years and has helped lead our organization through a transformational period. On behalf of the Board of Directors, the senior management team, and Great Canadian’s team members, we want to thank Darren for his many years of leadership,” Mr. Anfinson added.
“I am very excited to join Great Canadian and see significant opportunity to build upon the Company’s strong financial and operational foundation, while developing capabilities that further establish the Company’s competitive advantage,” Ms. Alimchandani said.
Prior to joining Great Canadian, Ms. Alimchandani was Chief Financial Officer for Northland Power, where she oversaw a large global team across several key functions and chaired the organization’s Investment Committee. Ms. Alimchandani has over 18 years of professional experience, previously having served in roles that included Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Dream Unlimited Corp, Vice President, Corporate Strategy at Dream, and Vice President, Equity Research at BMO Capital Markets. In 2020, she was awarded one of Canada’s 50 Best Executives by the Report on Business/Globe and Mail and in 2022, she was awarded Canada’s Clean 50, which is noted as being Canada’s top sustainability award.
Clarion Gaming Digital Expands North American Reach with Global Gaming Business Acquisition
iGaming Business (iGB) parent company Clarion Gaming Digital has acquired Global Gaming Business (GGB) as it accelerates its growth strategy across North America.
The purchase includes GGB magazine’s annual publications Casino Style, Tribal Government Gaming and Progressive Products Preview (P3) as well as its online assets including GGB News.
It will extend the digital publishing business’ global reach as the North American market enters a crucial phase, providing clients with access to a significantly bigger audience through its range of marketing services products.
Founded in 2002, GGB is trusted title with a reach beyond sports betting and iGaming into commercial and tribal gaming. It bolsters Clarion Gaming Digital’s ability to provide a comprehensive range of news, analysis and data to every sector of the industry.
The acquisition is a cornerstone of a wider multimillion pound investment to enhance Clarion Gaming Digital’s data and audience development.
“This is a major milestone for our digital business as we unlock the benefits of our investment,” the Managing Director for Clarion Gaming, Alex Pratt, said. “We are acquiring a business with deep industry heritage and with it the opportunity to build on its solid foundations in the United States.”
The B2B Global Content Director for Clarion Gaming Digital, Robin Harrison, said the acquisition came amid changes to state regulations as well as new land-based and online developments across the United States and Canada.
“We are delighted to seal this deal, which brings in new industry expertise to the team, expands our reach and consolidates our presence in a crucial region,” Harrison said. “We will build an offering that acts as the final word on key industry developments and GGB’s authority and relationships takes us a step closer to that goal.”
“We have had lengthy discussions with Clarion Gaming Digital in recent years and believe it shares our passion and vision for serving our readership in a way that will maintain the quality of the publications for decades to come,” the publisher and Chief Executive Officer for Casino Connection International LLC, the parent of GGB, Roger Gros, said. “As the gaming industry continues to grow in many different ways, our relationship with Clarion will make certain that our pivotal role in the industry remains unchanged and we can continue our important work going forward.”
Clarion Gaming Digital plans to further accelerate its North American expansion by leveraging unique partnerships on offer through the wider Clarion Events portfolio such as the DigitalPlay Summit at the Indian Gaming Tradeshow and Convention over April 10 to 11.
ReactivAction Limited Partners with Fast Track to Underpin Growth Strategy, Starting with the Brazilian Market
ReactivAction Limited, an ambitious new player in the iGaming industry offering online casino games and sports betting, has gone live with Fast Track, marking a strategic move to cement a stronghold across multiple markets, starting with Brazil.
This partnership not only marks a dynamic alliance but also a ground-breaking integration of Fast Track with Altenar’s renowned player account management (PAM) platform. This innovative collaboration highlights Fast Track’s exceptional ability to seamlessly integrate with various leading iGaming systems, further cementing its position as the industry’s most versatile and adaptable CRM solution provider.
With plans to expand beyond Brazil into Canada, New Zealand and Ireland through a second brand, ReactivAction Limited was on the lookout for a long-term partner that not only understands its growth trajectory but is also a critical driving force behind its growth. By leveraging Fast Track’s state-of-the-art AI-driven tools, lifecycle automation and real-time data analytics, ReactivAction Limited is poised to elevate its player engagement and retention strategies. This advanced technology empowers ReactivAction Limited to customize communications, personalised promotions and bonuses, aligning them with individual preferences and behaviours for a more tailored and engaging gaming experience.
“We were looking for a platform that sets us up for success from day one, making it possible to execute and automate the entire retention strategy, a system that could scale and mould around our expansion and provide solutions to our unique challenges,” the Director for ReactivAction Limited, Leone Stranges, said. “Fast Track’s lifecycle templates, real-time capabilities and experience within the industry made it a straightforward choice.”
“We are always excited at the prospect of empowering a forward-thinking operator through our platform,” the founder and Chief Executive Officer for Fast Track, Simon Lidzen, said. “We look forward to a fruitful long-term relationship to support ReactivAction Limited’s growth trajectory as it expands its brand into new markets.”
- The largest exhibition of the gaming industry in Bulgaria marks its 15 year
- Esports to Beat Football? SOFTSWISS Shares Sports Betting Trends for 2024
- Week 8/2024 slot games releases
- Control F5 Anticipates High Expectations for Gaming Insights Rio in Collaboration with SuperHost
- Hacksaw Gaming Goes Live with Market Leader JOI Gaming in the Netherlands
- Stakelogic Launches Second Live Jackpot “Progressive Live Jackpot”
- Yggdrasil grows European presence with 711 deal
- Breaking News: New £2 maximum stake for under 25s playing online slots in the UK
- Largest gaming trade show was a galactic success for NOVOMATIC
- DAZN Appoints Brice Daumin as CEO of French and Swiss Operations
- Spillemyndigheden: Error Concerning Renewals of ROFUS Registrations
- Uncover Ancient Treasures in Tiki Tiki Hold ‘N’ Win from Stakelogic
- Flutter Awards Bumper £400K Lifeline to Community Clubs
- California Gambling Control Commission Announces Comprehensive Agenda for Upcoming Meeting
- Expert Insights and Networking: SBC’s Exclusive Capital Markets Forum at the NYSE
Australia6 days ago
Star Entertainment Announces Jobs Guarantee & Cashless Gaming Trial Agreements in NSW
Andreas Krannich6 days ago
Sportradar Appoints Felippe Marchetti to Lead Integrity Services in Brazil
Central Europe6 days ago
DSWV Calls for Changes as Black Market Betting Rises in 2023
$12.5 Million Venom6 days ago
ACR Poker Offers Dozens of Tickets to $12.5 Million Venom at Enjoy Poker Series in Uruguay
Central Europe5 days ago
Low6 equips BETFAN with free-to-play arcade games
Africa5 days ago
African expansion delights BetGames as Skyward enjoys successful tier-one launch
Balkans4 days ago
FK Partizan Signs Sponsorship Contract with MaxBet
Australia4 days ago
Supercars Partners with Dabble