NeoGames S.A., a technology-driven provider of end-to-end iLottery solutions, announced today financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2022.
Moti Malul, Chief Executive Officer of NeoGames, said: “Our business continues to trend positively in 2022, as our existing accounts continue to perform well in terms of both sequential, as well as annual growth rates. We are delighted to see particularly strong growth from our Virginia and Alberta accounts, which have become leading contributors to our revenues. During the quarter we announced an offer to acquire Aspire Global in an effort to enhance our offering and expand our geographies. We have been keenly focused on completing this transaction and have recently launched our tender offer. We are confident with the progress and expect to close during the second quarter.”
First Quarter 2022 Financial Highlights
- The total of Revenues and the Company’s share in NPI revenues was $22.4 million during the first quarter of 2022 compared to $21.6 million during the first quarter of 2021, representing an increase of 3.8% year-over-year. Revenues were $13.2 million during the first quarter of 2022, compared to $13.3 million during the first quarter of 2021, representing a decrease of 0.7% year-over-year. In addition, the Company’s share in NPI revenues was $9.2 million during the first quarter of 2022, compared to $8.2 million during the first quarter of 2021, representing an increase of 11.2% year-over-year.
- Comprehensive loss was $(0.9) million, or $(0.03) per share, during the first quarter of 2022, compared to comprehensive income of $4.0 million, or $0.16 per share, during the first quarter of 2021. The change in comprehensive income was impacted by several items, including Aspire transaction-related, stock-based compensation expense (granted in Q4 2021), and additional G&A related to further build out of operations.
- Adjusted EBITDA1 was $8.5 million during the first quarter of 2022, compared to $9.7 million during the first quarter of 2021 representing a decrease of 12.0% year-over-year.
- Network Net Gaming Revenue (“NGR”) was $199.7 million during the first quarter of 2022, compared to $195.8 million during the first quarter of 2021, representing an increase of 2% year-over-year.
Recent Business Highlights
- On April 26, 2022, we published the prospectus, offer document and acceptance form related to the Aspire Global prospective acquisition. The acceptance period runs from April 27 through May 25 with an expected settlement date of June 14, 2022. The acquisition is expected to close during the second quarter of 2022.
- Virginia continued its strong growth with quarter-over-quarter and year-over-year increases in revenue and near market-leading per capita volumes.
- Michigan continued its growth trend, which started in the second half of the fourth quarter 2021.
- Benefiting from the broader product mix rolled out in the region, Alberta expanded to become our second largest turn-key account in terms of revenues, demonstrating the benefits of our collaboration with Aspire Global, as Pariplay has increased its market share during the quarter.
The Company is updating its fiscal year 2022 Revenue and Share of NPI Revenues Interest Guidance to between $91 million and $96 million, compared to the prior range of between $90 million and $97 million, representing an approximate 11% increase year-over-year at the midpoint. This range is based on revenues from existing accounts, does not assume revenues from the launch of new turn-key accounts, and reflects the range of possible outcomes of the conflict in Ukraine.
Powered by WPeMatico