Latest News
SharpLink Gaming Announces Second Quarter 2024 Financial Results
SharpLink Gaming, Inc. (Nasdaq: SBET) (“SharpLink” or the “Company”), an online performance-based marketing company serving the U.S. sports betting and iGaming industries, today announced its financial results for the three and six months ended June 30, 2024.
Rob Phythian, Chairman and CEO of SharpLink, stated, “The first half of 2024 has largely been marked by our Company’s efforts to materially strengthen our balance sheet, and narrow our focus on our performance-based marketing business through several strategic initiatives, namely:
- The sale of our SportsHub Games Network and sports games development businesses in January of this year for $22.5 million in an all-cash transaction;
- The extinguishment of all interest-bearing debt;
- The raising of $71,356 from our At-the-Market Offering during the first six months of this year; and
- The receipt of $297,387 in an earn-out accrued in June 2024 and paid in July 2024, which related to our sale of MTS, SharpLink’s legacy telemanagement solutions business sold to EntryPoint South Ltd. in December 2022.”
Continuing, Phythian said, “As a result, SharpLink has emerged with a very lean operating base that is free of debt, and we have a management team and Board of Directors equally committed to pursuing strategic growth opportunities capable of increasing shareholder value over the long-term.”
Financial Highlights
- Revenues for the three and six months ended June 30, 2024 totaled $981,272 and $1,957,218, respectively – a 27% and 24% decline from revenues of $1,343,526 and $2,576,287 reported for the comparable three and six month periods in 2023, respectively.
- Operating expenses decreased 31% to $1,484,680 from $2,136,936 for the comparable three-month reporting periods; and declined 17% to $3,456,755 from $4,182,270 for the six months ended June 30, 2024 and 2023, respectively.
- After factoring net income from discontinued operations of $453,705, net losses dropped to $462,959 for the three months ended June 30, 2024 from net losses of $3,441,158 after factoring net losses from discontinued operations of $1,035,099 for the same three-month period in 2023. For the six months ended June 30, 2024, net income totaled $11,887,397 after factoring net income from discontinued operations of $14,564,872 – significantly up from a net loss of $6,264,904 inclusive of the net loss from discontinued operations of $1,701,662 posted for the same six month period in the prior year.
- As of June 30, 2024, cash on hand was $2,435,600 and total stockholders’ equity was $2,760,915. This compared to $2,487,481 cash on hand and total stockholders’ deficit of $9,399,769 as of December 31, 2023.
BETANO
Betano named FIFA World Cup 2026 Tournament Supporter for Europe and South America
Betano has been named an Official Tournament Supporter of the FIFA World Cup 2026
for Europe and South America under a new partnership between FIFA and Kaizen Gaming’s lead brand. The tournament will be held across Canada, Mexico and the United States from Thursday, 11 June until Sunday, 19 July.
The agreement is the third collaboration between Betano and FIFA. Betano previously joined as an Official Regional Supporter of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022
for Europe and was later announced as an Official Partner of the FIFA Club World Cup 2025
.
“We are delighted to welcome Betano among the Tournament Supporters of the FIFA World Cup 2026,” said FIFA’s Chief Business Officer, Romy Gai.
“Partnering with FIFA for the third time is a proud milestone for everyone at Kaizen Gaming and a clear reflection of our global evolution,” added George Daskalakis, co-founder and CEO of Kaizen Gaming.
Kaizen Gaming said Betano will run physical and digital fan engagement activations in Europe and South America around the tournament, and will offer responsible gaming tools including financial limits, time management features and 24/7 customer support.
The post Betano named FIFA World Cup 2026 Tournament Supporter for Europe and South America appeared first on Eastern European Gaming | Global iGaming & Tech Intelligence Hub.
chess
S8UL’s Aravindh Chithambaram qualifies for Esports World Cup 2026 chess event
S8UL’s Grandmaster Aravindh Chithambaram has qualified for the Esports World Cup (EWC) 2026 Chess main event after winning the Road to EWC qualifier at DreamHack Atlanta, according to the organization. S8UL said the result makes him the first Indian player to secure qualification for the Chess main event.
The qualifier used a group stage and playoffs format, with two games per series and Armageddon as the tiebreaker, played at 10 minutes with no increment. Aravindh advanced from Group B into the Upper Bracket semifinals after wins over Kyler Raines, Justin Liang, Oleksander Bortnyk, and Christopher Woo.
In the Upper Bracket semifinals, Aravindh beat Woo 2-1 after two draws and an Armageddon decider. He then defeated Alexey Sarana 2-1 in the Upper Bracket Final to reach the grand final, where he faced Sarana again. S8UL said the grand final used a double-match format, and after Sarana won the opening two games from the Lower Bracket side, Aravindh came back to win the Armageddon decider to take the qualifier.
The win earned the 26-year-old USD 15,000 (~INR 14 lakh) and one of the eight qualification slots confirmed so far for the EWC 2026 Chess main event, scheduled for August 11 to 15 with a USD 1.5 million (~INR 14 crore) prize pool. S8UL said it is now qualified for three EWC 2026 titles, following Fortnite and Honor of Kings.
“Qualifying for the Esports World Cup this year is a very proud and exciting moment for me, especially with so many top players and organizations from around the world competing at the event. This particular format leaves very little room for error, as every decision matters when you are playing 10-minute games without increment against some of the strongest players in the world. I am also very grateful to the team at S8UL for their consistent support and belief in me since last year. Their approach towards chess and nurturing Indian talent has been incredibly encouraging, and I am looking forward to representing the organization and giving my best at the main event” Chithambaram said.
S8UL added that fellow Grandmasters Nihal Sarin and Pranesh M remain in contention to qualify for EWC 2026 Chess via the Champions Chess Tour Leaderboard, Last Chance Qualifiers, and an India Rising slot scheduled to conclude on July 5. “One of the things we’ve consistently focused on at S8UL is creating opportunities for Indian talent to compete and succeed on the biggest global stages. Aravindh Chithambaram qualifying for the Esports World Cup is a huge moment, not just for us as an organization, but for Indian chess overall. The level of competition and pressure in this format is extremely high, which makes this achievement even more special. We’ve always believed India has the talent to stand alongside the very best in the world, and seeing Aravindh become the first Indian to qualify really reinforces that belief,” said Animesh Agarwal, Co-founder and CEO, S8UL Esports.
The post S8UL’s Aravindh Chithambaram qualifies for Esports World Cup 2026 chess event appeared first on Eastern European Gaming | Global iGaming & Tech Intelligence Hub.
Casino Guru
Casino Guru Awards 2026 set for May 25 in Malta ahead of NEXT Valletta
Casino Guru will hold the Casino Guru Awards 2026 on May 25 at Xara Lodge in Malta, ahead of the NEXT Valletta conference. The organiser said the event will recognise companies, initiatives and individuals tied to fairness, player protection and ethical business practices in online gambling.
According to Casino Guru, the awards are positioned differently from typical industry programmes by prioritising “measurable impact and long-term commitment” rather than brand scale or marketing reach.
“The Casino Guru Awards are about recognizing the people and companies that genuinely prioritize players and contribute to a healthier industry,” said Daniela Sliva, PR & Creative Projects Director at Casino Guru. “As we approach the event, we’re excited to celebrate the efforts that often happen behind the scenes but have a real impact on the future of iGaming.”
Casino Guru said around 150 guests are expected to attend, with winners to be announced across multiple categories during an evening programme that also includes networking, dining and an afterparty.
The post Casino Guru Awards 2026 set for May 25 in Malta ahead of NEXT Valletta appeared first on Eastern European Gaming | Global iGaming & Tech Intelligence Hub.
-
Apple6 days agoIBJR hails App Store approval as a milestone in the fight against illegal betting in Brazil
-
Brazil6 days agoEsportes da Sorte campaign celebrates fans’ resilience in support of Brazil
-
apuestas deportivas6 days ago¿Por qué Pix es central en la lucha contra el mercado ilegal de apuestas?
-
Africa6 days agoBroadway Platform Partners with Ghanaian Operator Afrinova
-
Asia6 days agoBetConstruct AI Showcases AI-Powered Solutions at G2E Asia 2026
-
affiliate marketing6 days agoCasinoCanada partners with Slota Casino for content and traffic growth
-
Black Label6 days agoPragmatic Play signs Latam Agreement with Black Label
-
Almir Ribeiro7 days agoBetMGM Brazil hires veteran journalist to lead government relations



