Connect with us

Latest News

Racecourse Media Group Chairman Roger Lewis extends term until October 2023

Published

on

Reading Time: 3 minutes

 

Racecourse Media Group (RMG) has announced that its Chairman, Roger Lewis, has extended his post until October 2023 in order to assist RMG transition to a new Chair.

Roger Lewis has been on the RMG Board for over 10 years during which time RMG has increased its licence fees and dividend payments to its racecourses from £45m to over £110m .

He joined the RMG Board in 2012 and was appointed Non-Executive Independent Chairman on January 1, 2019. He was due to step down in 2022 but has been asked by the Board to extend his tenure. A new Chair will be appointed in 2023.

Lewis, said: “RMG is in great shape, and it is an honour to be asked to continue to Chair the company. We have a strong board and an outstanding team of executives, led by CEO, Martin Stevenson, who together have delivered in spectacular fashion for our racecourses and indeed for the sport of racing.

“We are on track to exceed our record results of last year and we pay tribute to everyone in racing, and give thanks to our racecourses, for allowing RMG to manage their media and data rights across the world.”

Under Roger Lewis’s leadership RMG paid £110m to its racecourse shareholders in 2021. Those payments, earned through racecourses’ media and data rights, exceeded pre-Covid levels.

In the same year, RMG agreed British racecourse licence extensions for audio-visual and data rights for a new five-year term until December 31, 2028.

RMG has also been entrusted with significant broadcast rights of Irish racing since 2019, when Racing UK relaunched as Racing TV, with the strapline of “The best of British and Irish racing.”

RMG is 100% owned by its racecourse shareholders and pays 100% of operating profit back to racecourses, which, in turn, benefits the sport. This collective and collaborative approach has enabled RMG’s businesses to become the biggest single funder of British horseracing.

On the back of that approach and with long-term certainty and confidence in the business, media rights and data revenues are, this year, tracking to exceed 2021’s payments to shareholders.

Nevin Truesdale, CEO of Jockey Club Racecourses, chief shareholder in RMG, said: “I would like to pay tribute to Roger Lewis for a very effective and successful stewardship of RMG, a business which is of fundamental importance to the financial performance of racecourses and therefore to the whole sport of horseracing.

“Under Roger’s leadership, we have faced a number of challenges, in particular during the Covid pandemic, where the robustness of the RMG model was critical to maintaining racecourse financial stability in the absence of other revenue streams for a sustained period. Roger’s influence in establishing long-term deals with key commercial betting and broadcast partners during his tenure has also been hugely positive. On behalf of everyone at the Jockey Club, I would like to thank Roger for all he has done for the business.”

Martin Stevenson, CEO of RMG, added: “We are delighted Roger Lewis has agreed to stay on for almost another year. Roger has been instrumental in the development and success of RMG over the last decade and I very much look forward to continuing to work closely with Roger and the Board as we continue to invest and develop our media assets and new products. Innovations, such as enhancements on the channel – headlined by the virtual ‘green screen’ studio – the Watch & Bet product, ultra-low latency pictures, the investment in on-screen timing data graphics, and capturing the in-play opportunities are all key to the business’s continued success.

“These workstreams, allied to growing our social media audience, securing increased ITV coverage and enhancing international exposure and revenues, will contribute to directing more eyeballs on to our racing and therefore will drive betting turnover, subscriptions, and sponsorship opportunities for the sport. RMG is one the most successful sporting and media rights companies in Britain and Ireland and I look forward to working with Roger in 2023 to take RMG to even greater heights.”

Roger Lewis has held senior positions at the BBC, ITV, Classic FM, EMI and Decca and was GCEO of the Welsh Rugby Union and the Millennium Stadium for nine years. He has held and holds a number of senior positions in the cultural sector for the UK and Welsh Governments.

 

Powered by WPeMatico

Continue Reading
Advertisement

iQOO S8UL

iQOO S8UL crowned champions of Rai Star x Gyan Gaming Cup, one of India’s largest MOBA Legends 5v5 tournaments

Published

on

iqoo-s8ul-crowned-champions-of-rai-star-x-gyan-gaming-cup,-one-of-india’s-largest-moba-legends-5v5-tournaments

iQOO S8UL, the MOBA Legends 5v5 team of S8UL Esports, emerged victorious at the Rai Star x Gyan Gaming Cup, one of India’s largest MOBA tournaments, with a nail-biting 4-3 win in the grand final held in Kolkata on February 18. The championship secured the team INR 12.5 lakh in prize money and reinforced S8UL Esports’ dominance in the Indian competitive MOBA scene.

The month-long tournament featured 1,024 teams in open qualifiers, culminating in a top-16 main event. Led by in-game leader Mohammad Saad (Apex), alongside Abhijeet Katkar (Abhi), Mehta Jay (J), Chirag Singh (Radium), Debasish Sana (Anti), and Joseph Nehhunjang (Kakarot), iQOO S8UL displayed remarkable composure and strategic execution throughout.

The team’s path to victory included:

  • Quarterfinals: 2-0 win over Megatron Esports (Bo3)

  • Semifinals: 3-1 victory over PEAK (Bo5)

  • Group A Finals: 4-0 sweep of Elusivity Esports (Bo7)

  • Grand Final: 4-3 triumph against Godlike Esports (Bo7)

Animesh Agarwal, Co-founder of S8UL Esports, commented: “This win is a testament to our long-term vision and structured support system for elite players. The Indian MOBA ecosystem is growing rapidly, and victories like this validate our investment in building top-tier lineups and nurturing talent.”

IGL Mohammad Saad (Apex) added: “The grand final was one of the most intense series we’ve played. This title belongs to everyone who believed in us.”

The victory strengthens S8UL Esports’ reputation as a leading Indian esports organization, highlighting its commitment to developing elite talent and elevating India’s presence in both national and global esports arenas.

The post iQOO S8UL crowned champions of Rai Star x Gyan Gaming Cup, one of India’s largest MOBA Legends 5v5 tournaments appeared first on Eastern European Gaming | Global iGaming & Tech Intelligence Hub.

Continue Reading

Latest News

PG Soft returns with dual sponsorship for SiGMA Africa 2026

Published

on

pg-soft-returns-with-dual-sponsorship-for-sigma-africa-2026

PG Soft, a leading mobile games developer, returns to SiGMA Africa 2026, taking place from March 3–5 at The Grand Arena, GrandWest Casino and Entertainment World in Cape Town, South Africa, with two high-profile sponsorships.

Africa remains a rapidly growing and increasingly savvy iGaming market, forming a key part of PG Soft’s long-term expansion strategy.

The HD Screen at Entrance Sponsorship puts PG Soft’s logo on giant screens next to registration, accompanied by a looped promotional video showcasing its diverse game portfolio to every attendee.

Meanwhile, the Registration Counter Sponsorship gives the brand prominent exposure at the start of the SiGMA experience, featuring full branding and two dedicated screens for maximum visibility.

The dual sponsorship underscores PG Soft’s commitment to the African iGaming market and its ongoing strategic growth in the region.

A PG Soft spokesperson said: “Africa continues to be an exciting frontier for iGaming innovation and growth. By sponsoring SiGMA Africa once again, we’re reaffirming our dedication to this vibrant market and our belief in its potential. We look forward to connecting with industry leaders and partners at one of the continent’s premier gaming events.”

The post PG Soft returns with dual sponsorship for SiGMA Africa 2026 appeared first on Eastern European Gaming | Global iGaming & Tech Intelligence Hub.

Continue Reading

Belatra

Rods at the ready for Belatra’s Ice Bass slot

Published

on

rods-at-the-ready-for-belatra’s-ice-bass-slot

Belatra, the innovative online slots developer, is back with the highly anticipated sequel to its hit Blast the Bass, introducing Ice Bass.

The familiar fisherman returns, swapping summer gear for a heavy-duty parka and an ice drill, ready to fish beneath a frozen lake for a maximum win of 5,000x. Each spin is accompanied by an energetic soundtrack that intensifies as players progress through the game’s new levels.

Fish icons represent both standard payline elements and credit symbols, with multipliers ranging from 2x to 1000x. The Fisherman-Wild, appearing exclusively in Free Games, collects all visible values on the screen, with multiple Fishermen multiplying the haul.

Players can unlock boosters during the pre-game fishing phase—triggered by three or more Scatters in Free Games—that add Fishermen, extra spins, or guaranteed Fish symbols. The round continues until the dreaded Old Boot is hooked, with the Booster panel stacking rewards and multipliers as the feature progresses.

Hot Mode, activated by five Scatters in the base game, immediately awards active multipliers and additional games. Players can increase Scatter frequency with the Bet +25% option or jump straight into Free Games or Hot Mode using the Buy Bonus feature.

Misha Voinich, Head of Business Development at Belatra, commented: “Get your winter gear ready for our slick new Ice Bass, a worthy follow-up to the much-loved Blast the Bass. We wanted to create a game that packs the same punch as the original but in a thrilling winter setting—and the team has delivered a game that’s scorching hot even below zero!”

The post Rods at the ready for Belatra’s Ice Bass slot appeared first on Eastern European Gaming | Global iGaming & Tech Intelligence Hub.

Continue Reading

Trending

Get it on Google Play

Fresh slot games releases by the top brands of the industry. We provide you with the latest news straight from the entertainment industries.

The platform also hosts industry-relevant webinars, and provides detailed reports, making it a one-stop resource for anyone seeking information about operators, suppliers, regulators, and professional services in the European gaming market. The portal's primary goal is to keep its extensive reader base updated on the latest happenings, trends, and developments within the gaming and gambling sector, with an emphasis on the European market while also covering pertinent global news. It's an indispensable resource for gaming professionals, operators, and enthusiasts alike.

Contact us: [email protected]

Editorial / PR Submissions: [email protected]

Copyright © 2015 - 2024 - Recent Slot Releases is part of HIPTHER Agency. Registered in Romania under Proshirt SRL, Company number: 2134306, EU VAT ID: RO21343605. Office address: Blvd. 1 Decembrie 1918 nr.5, Targu Mures, Romania