- Revenue amounted to €34.9 (Q4 2020: 46.9) million for the fourth quarter of 2021, a decrease of 26%, and €162.4 (2020: 117.7) million for the period January to December, an increase of 38%
- Operating profit (EBIT) for the fourth quarter of 2021 was €7.1 (22.2) million, at a margin of 20.2% (47.3%), and €57.0 (32.2) million, at a margin of 35.1% (27.4%) for the period January to December 2021
- Profit after tax amounted to €6.1 (17.3) million for the fourth quarter of 2021 and €46.4 (24.1) million for the period January to December 2021
- Earnings per share for the fourth quarter of 2021 were €0.198 (0.558) and €1.501 (0.781) for the period January to December 2021
- Cash flow from operating and investing activities (excluding working capital movements and acquisitions) amounted to €4.8 (20.5) million for the fourth quarter of 2021 and €44.6 (28.7) million for the period January to December 2021
- The 2022 AGM will be held on 17 May 2022. The Board proposes that no dividend is paid out.
- Robust financial performance driven by market expansion and strong underlying network growth. When adjusting for the migration of 888 and DraftKings, and the impact from regulation in the Netherlands, operator turnover was up 38%
- Received a mobile platform licence in New York, the most populous US state to regulate online sports betting thus far, and subsequently went live in Q1 2022
- Expanded US partner network with the signings of omni-channel operator Affinity Interactive and tribal operators Desert Diamond Casinos and Saginaw Chippewa Gaming Enterprises
- Completed 38 launches, including three additional US states – Connecticut, Louisiana and Maryland – and with new partners in Australia, the Bahamas and the Netherlands
- Following close of quarter, extended long-term partnership with Kindred Group until 2026 and have ability to repay convertible bond held by Kindred
“The momentum we built in Q3 continued into Q4, helping us finish the year in fine fashion. This positivity has continued into the new year, most notably having recently extended our partnership with Kindred Group, which now runs for the next five years up until the end of 2026, providing us with additional financial strength. Separately, we also have the ability to repay the convertible bond held by Kindred, which when paid at a time of our discretion will provide us with complete freedom to make the right strategic decisions for Kambi’s future, which has never looked brighter.
Looking back at Q4, growth from the Americas continued to be a key driver of our performance. The Americas region was responsible for 58% of operator GGR and is set to increase further with additional markets to regulate and go live this year across Canada, the US, and South America.
One of the key quarterly highlights was the receipt of our licence in New York State, which since launching a few weeks ago has quickly grown to become the largest market in the country. Not only did Kambi secure one of the few licences on offer in New York, the bid we led as a primary applicant also achieved the highest score from the regulator following a competitive application process. Such an achievement is a real testament to Kambi’s reputation in the US and the quality, integrity, and reliability of our sports betting technology.
We signed three new partners in the US during Q4, including a multi-state partnership with US omni-channel operator Affinity Interactive, which operates casinos in three states and the Daily Racing Form, an iconic horse racing news brand. We followed these signings up after the quarter with a multi-state deal with MaximBet and a partnership in Canada with NorthStar Gaming, which is partnered with Torstar Corporation, one of the country’s largest news organisations.
In addition to North America, we made significant progress in Argentina, going live in both Buenos Aires City and Buenos Aires Province, while we also launched new partners in Australia and the Bahamas. Furthermore, in Europe we launched BetCity and JVH in the re-regulated Netherlands market and have been buoyed by the early performance. We are excited by prospects in the Netherlands, particularly once additional partners are awarded their licence in the coming months.
In summary, Q4 concluded a transformative year for Kambi and as we move into 2022, I am confident the business has never been better positioned for the future. The prospect of further regulation and additional partner signings across the globe is positive and we are firmly established as the go-to provider for the global sports betting market. I look forward to building on our successes this year and beyond to the benefit of both our partners and shareholders alike.”
Powered by WPeMatico