- Any human is three times more likely to find $100 on the street (1 in 333,062,500) than they are to meet their doppelgänger (1 in 1,000,000,000,000)
- There are equal chances of getting struck by lightning once and becoming a millionaire (1 in 500,000)
- Americans have a 1 in 209,000,000 chance of becoming the President of the United States; in fact, humans are more likely to win the lottery (1 in 45,057,474)
The team at www.cardschat. com have conducted extensive research into the odds of various things happening in people’s everyday lives, from being hit by a bus and being struck by lightning, not just once but twice, to becoming the President of the United States and even meeting their doppelgänger.
Although many have a fear of shark infested waters and being attacked by a shark while they’re on vacation, the chances of this are less likely than having a toilet related accident, with the odds of an accident on the toilet being 1 in 10,000 while the odds of dying in a shark attack stand at 1 in 3,748,067.
Some of the least likely odds to happen in a lifetime were found to be:
- Meeting your doppelgänger – 1 in 1,000,000,000,000
- Finding $100 on the street – 1 in 333,062,500
- Becoming the President of the United States – 1 in 209,000,000
- Winning the lottery – 1 in 45,057,474
- Dying in a tornado – 1 in 13,000,000
- Odds of going blind after laser eye surgery – 1 in 5,000,000
- That a left-hand person will die while using a right-handed appliance – 1 in 4,400,000
- Dying in a shark attack – 1 in 3,748,067
- Getting hit by a bus – 1 in 2,700,000
- Being dealt a Royal Flush in poker – 1 in 2,598,960
Many pin their hopes on meeting their doppelganger at some point in their life, however they’re more likely to be killed by a stray firework (1 in 340,733) or become a movie star (1 in 110,500).
Some of the more surprising odds that have a good chance of occurring include:
- Dying on your birthday – 1 in 365
- Being born with extra fingers and toes – 1 in 500
- Becoming an astronaut – 1 in 1,525
When it comes to naming children, Emma is a very common girls name, in fact it’s proven that there’s a 1 in 107 chance of being called Emma, whereas boys have a 1 in 179 chance of being called Jacob.
More interesting odds can be found at: https://www.cardschat.com/news/what-are-the-odds-104059/
Debi O’Neill, spokesperson for www.cardschat. com, commented:
“There are some definite surprises that have come about from our research; we’re shocked to find out you actually have a better chance of becoming an astronaut than becoming a movie star or even winning an Oscar. Who knew? It’s a shame that the odds are so low on coming across your doppelgänger in your lifetime, but when you consider there are 195 countries in the world and roughly 7.674 billion people on the planet, maybe we should just be happy to find ‘the one’ at some point in our lives over meeting someone who looks just like us.”
Powered by WPeMatico