Sportradar launched a fast, flexible and secure solution to support the clean sport movement. Their new Remote Testing System will enable anti-doping organizations to collect doping control samples remotely – benefitting both athletes and sporting bodies as they navigate logistical issues with executing an Olympics during a pandemic.
A few key points to note:
- The Remote Testing System is designed to complement physical testing, while being less invasive than traditional urine testing for athletes.
- The system is built upon blockchain technology, multi-factor authentication and a server cluster to store data securely.
- The process includes an app-facilitated video recording of athletes conducting each of the tests and securing the samples to be submitted for analysis.
- Innovative aspects such as a Dried Blood Spot and Exhaled Breath analysis will extend the range of testing.
- Significant cost savings from handling testing remotely will provide a much-needed option for the traditionally under-funded anti-doping industry.
A video explaining the system can be found here.
Sportradar is also hosting a “Digitalization and Data in Anti-Doping” webinar event tomorrow, and you are welcome to attend by registering here.
Powered by WPeMatico