Churchill Downs Incorporated announced that Patrick Neely has been named President of Exacta Systems, a leading provider of technology to support historical horse racing operations. In this role, he will be responsible for the overall strategy and operations of the newly acquired business unit which operates within the Company’s TwinSpires segment.
Neely brings with him over 25 years of professional experience in law, advocacy and business development. Most recently, Neely served as the Chief Development Officer for Exacta, where he oversaw the businesses’ government affairs and business development strategy. Neely has held numerous local and national political leadership positions and served as the Executive Director of the Kentucky Equine Education Project (KEEP). He holds a B.A. in Political Science from the University of Louisville and a Juris Doctor from Washington University School of Law.
“As CDI continues to lead in the Historical Horse Racing market, Patrick’s wealth of experience and knowledge will be invaluable additions to our leadership team. We look forward to continuing to grow this business with Patrick and the Exacta team,” said Ben Murr, SVP of CDI & President of TwinSpires and Online Gaming.
“As a founding member of Exacta, I’m thrilled for this opportunity to lead. I look forward to delivering operational improvements to CDI and continuing to service Exacta’s growing portfolio of third-party HHR operators in New Hampshire, Kentucky, Virginia and Wyoming,” said Neely.
Churchill Downs Appoints Ben Murr as President of TwinSpires and Online Gaming
Churchill Downs Incorporated (CDI) has promoted Ben Murr to president of online gaming and its TwinSpires sports betting brand. In this role, he will be responsible for the overall strategy and operations of these businesses.
Murr brings 24 years of leadership experience to the position. During his 14 years with CDI, he has served in multiple leadership roles including President of United Tote, Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer and, most recently, as interim President of TwinSpires and online gaming. Prior to joining CDI, Murr worked in information technology leadership roles at General Electric.
“During his tenure with CDI, Ben has been an important leader in the growth across our operations. He has been a key player throughout the extensive changes in our Company over the last 14 years and will continue to move our TwinSpires and Online businesses forward,” Bill Carstanjen, CEO of Churchill Downs, said.
“I’ve been heavily involved with TwinSpires and our Online Gaming operations throughout my tenure at CDI. I am passionate about these businesses and believe strongly in their future growth potential and strategic importance for CDI,” Murr said.
Murr will remain as Senior Vice President of CDI in addition to his responsibilities as President of TwinSpires and online gaming.
Murr’s promotion is effective immediately. The Company will move quickly to fill the Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer role.
Powered by WPeMatico
- 2rbo Affiliates Shortlisted for Best Newcomer at iGB Affiliate Awards 2024
- Hacksaw Gaming Debuts DraftKings Partnership in New Jersey
- ESA Gaming partners with Novibet for global distribution deal
- ClearStake awarded ISO 27001 certification cementing its position as a trusted financial risk check provider
- ProgressPlay brings forward the future of casino management with revolutionary AI
- Yggdrasil fires up festive fun with Rock Star Santa MultiMax™
- Play’n GO launches Play’n GO Music
- BTG’s ‘Christmas Catch’ Slot Hits Evolution Network December 1
- Booming Games’ premium content is now available on 888 Casino in Spain
- From Track to Triumph: Ex-Professional Runner Lauren Fleshman’s Good For A Girl Wins Best Sports Book of 2023
- Stakelogic Live Receives License to Enter the Greek Market
- Galaxy Gaming® and Pragmatic Play Expand Licensing Agreement
- Spillemyndigheden Issues DKK100,000 in Fines for Illegal Games Advertising
- MGA Issues New Guidelines for Processes Related to Gaming Devices
- Jackpot Digital Receives License to Install Three Jackpot Blitz(R) ETGs at Jackson Rancheria Casino Resort in California
Canada6 days ago
Expanse Studios Forges Super Prospective Media Partnership with SlotsOnlineCanada.com
Australia5 days ago
The Star: Queensland Operations Update Remediation Plan, Licence Suspension and Special Manager
Canada6 days ago
MDC Showcases Exciting $5 Crash Gambling Offer for Canadian Players
Eastern Europe5 days ago
Player’s website already offers EGT Digital’s best selling games
Central Europe5 days ago
PRAGMATIC PLAY EXPANDS SLOVAKIAN PRESENCE WITH NIKÉ
Balkans5 days ago
CT Interactive’s content goes live with Everbet
Asia5 days ago
Mohegan INSPIRE to Hold Soft Opening on November 30
Africa5 days ago
7777 gaming expands its reach in Nigeria with integration on betBonanza