The Maryland mobile sports betting market is now open for business! As of 9:00 a.m. ET, seven online sportsbooks are now live, including BetMGM, Caesars Sportsbook, DraftKings Sportsbook, BetRivers, and FanDuel Sportsbook. Some of these platforms have already engaged in pre-launch promotional and demonstration periods in preparation.
Maryland Lottery & Gaming Director, John Martin said in a press conference that in the future, he anticipates as many as 21 mobile sports wagering operators and 15 to 20 facility licenses would be operating in the state.
Martin also said that sports betting should produce $25 million to $30 million for education in Maryland.
On Dec. 1, the Lottery & Gaming Control Commission will hold qualification hearings for five more mobile sports wagering entities.
Those applicants are:
- Bally’s Interactive Maryland, LLC – Mobile Sports Wagering License Applicant
- WSI US, LLC d/b/a WynnBet – Mobile Sports Wagering License Applicant
- Digital Gaming Corporation (DGC) MD LLC – Mobile Sports Wagering License Applicant
- Bally’s Interactive, LLC – Online Sports Wagering Operator License Applicant
- WSI US, LLC d/b/a WynnBet – Online Sports Wagering Operator License Applicant
More information, on BetMaryland.com