Enthusiast Gaming Holdings Inc., an integrated gaming entertainment company, announced financial results for the year ended December 31, 2021.
2021 Financial Highlights
- Revenue for 2021 was $167.4 million, representing a 130% increase from revenue for 2020 of $72.8 million
- Gross profit for 2021 was $37.8 million, representing a 102% increase from gross profit for 2020 of $18.7 million
- Direct sales in 2021 of $22.2 million, representing a 344% increase from direct sales in 2020 of $5.0 million. Direct sales are included in revenue
- Paid subscribers as at December 31, 2021, of 220,000, representing an 80% increase from paid subscribers as at December 31, 2020, of 122,000
Q4 2021 Financial Highlights
- Revenue for the three months ended December 31, 2021 (“Q4 2021”), of $56.9 million, representing a 34% increase from revenue for the three months ended December 31, 2020 (“Q4 2020”), of $42.5 million
- Gross profit in Q4 2021 of $13.7 million, representing a 69% increase from gross profit in Q4 2020 of $8.1 million
- Gross margin in Q4 2021 of 24.1%, representing a 500 basis point increase from gross margin in Q4 2020 of 19.1%
- Direct sales in Q4 2021 of $8.8 million, representing a 167% increase from direct sales in Q4 2020 of $3.3 million. Direct sales are included in revenue
“Our momentum continues and we are pleased to confirm our record breaking results from Q4 2021,” commented Adrian Montgomery, CEO of Enthusiast Gaming. “We are seeing strong repeat business in direct sales, continued conversions of viewers into paying subscribers, and strength in our product offerings, particularly in Addicting Games and U.GG. We expect this momentum to carry into 2022 and beyond.”
“Our higher yield and higher margin revenue streams are expanding, with noticeable impacts to the income statement,” commented Alex Macdonald, CFO of Enthusiast Gaming. “Direct sales and subscription combined accounted for over 20% of revenue in Q4, helping push quarterly revenue to an all time high and gross margin to over 24%. We maintain a growth oriented position and outlook.”
Q4 Operational Highlights
- Expansion of in-game purchasing opportunities and subscription offerings for multiple Addicting Games titles including Little Big Snake, TypeRacer, EV.IO, and mope.IO
- Two new event series launched: Pocket Gamer Connects Digital NEXT, and Beyond Games
- Record U.S. unique visitor traffic of 51.8 million recorded in December 2021 as measured by Comscore
- Acquisition of League of Legends community U.GG, and expansion of the U.GG desktop app
- Luminosity Gaming ranked number one esports team on Twitch according to a study conducted with Nielsen
- Renewals or additional business with key partners including Proctor & Gamble, HBO Max, TikTok, Disney, ExitLag, G FUEL and Square Enix
- New season of Rising Stars announced, co-created with e.l.f. Cosmetics (NYSE: ELF)
The Company also announced that due to her recent appointment as Chief Investment Officer of the California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS), Nicole Musicco was required to resign from the Board of Directors of the Company, effective March 25, 2022.
“I am thankful for my time on the Board of Enthusiast Gaming and am impressed with the trajectory of the Company,” said Nicole Musicco. “Adrian and the management team are highly capable and there is a strong vision in place. I look forward to watching the Company continue to grow.”
The Company wishes to thank Nicole for her service, and congratulates her on the appointment at CalPERS.
The Company also announced that Menashe Kestenbaum has transitioned out of the role of President to focus exclusively on strategy and governance as a member of the Board of Directors. As a continuing member of the Board, his experience will continue to help the Company towards achieving its growth objectives.
Other recent appointments at the Company include:
- Scotty Tidwell as Senior Vice President of Talent
- Alex Gonzalez as Head of Luminosity Gaming
Certain information provided in this news release is extracted from financial statements and management’s discussion & analysis (“MD&A”) of the Company for the year ended December 31, 2021, and should be read in conjunction with them. It is only in the context of the fulsome information and disclosures contained in the financial statements and MD&A that an investor can properly analyze this information. The financial statements and MD&A have been published on the Company’s profile on SEDAR and EDGAR.
All amounts are in Canadian dollars.
Powered by WPeMatico