SAZKA Group a.s. (“SAZKA Group” or the “Company”, and together with its subsidiaries and associates the “Group”) announces its financial results for the six months to 30 June 2020 and provides an update on current trading.
H1 2020 Financial highlights
- Consolidated gross gaming revenues decreased by 28% to €652 million (H1 2019: €909 million), primarily as a result of the impact of COVID-19 on land-based sales.
- Consolidated Operating EBITDA decreased by 42% to €167 million (H1 2019: €287 million).
- Consolidated Adjusted EBITDA, which excludes certain one-off items, decreased by 41% to €168 million (H1 2019: €286 million).
- Consolidated profit after tax from continuing operations decreased by 90% to €42 million (H1 2019: €145 million).
Pro-rata LTM H1 2020 highlights
- Pro-rata LTM Adjusted EBITDA was €379 million.
- Pro-rata net debt / Adjusted EBITDA was 3.2x and Pro-rata priority net debt / Adjusted EBITDA was 0.5x at 30 June 2020.
Key strategic initiatives
- In June, we acquired the 17.19% stake in CASAG previously held by Novomatic. As a result, SAZKA Group’s shareholding is now 55.48% and CASAG has been fully consolidated as a subsidiary from 26 June.
- In July, the Supervisory Board of CASAG approved a plan to optimise the cost structure of the casino business in Austria.
- In July, OPAP acquired an additional 51% stake in Stoiximan Group’s Greek and Cypriot business, as a result of which it now holds a 69% stake.
- Most restrictions to which our businesses were subject as a result of COVID-19 were lifted by June and the businesses which were impacted by COVID-19 have recovered well.
- Land-based sales of most products in most geographies are approaching, or in some cases exceeding, sales during the same period last year.
- Online sales, which increased significantly in the Czech Republic, Austria and Greece during the period most directly impacted by COVID-19, have continued to perform strongly.
Powered by WPeMatico