Redding Rancheria has announced the passage of Assembly Bill 854, authored by Assemblymember Ramos. This landmark legislation, which was signed into law by Governor Gavin Newsom on Saturday, September 30, 2023, formally ratifies Redding Rancheria’s Indian gaming compact with the state of California.
The bill passed the Assembly floor on a 74-0 vote, with 6 members absent or not voting at the time of the vote. The bill passed the Senate floor on a 38-0 vote, with 2 members absent or not voting at the time of the vote.
This compact will carry Redding Rancheria through the next 25 years of gaming in California. The ratification signifies a momentous achievement in our ongoing commitment to tribal sovereignty and self-governance. This achievement underscores the importance of maintaining strong government-to-government relationships between tribal nations and other government organizations. The agreement between Redding Rancheria and the state government is a testament to the shared vision of promoting economic growth, job creation, and community development.
The compact establishes a solid framework for responsible gaming operations while fostering a fair and mutually beneficial partnership between our tribal nation and the state. It also expressly authorizes class III gaming at the Tribe’s I-5 property, once the federal government puts the land into trust, paving the way for a successful casino relocation project.
Tracy Edwards, CEO of Redding Rancheria, said: “This momentous occasion represents an example of the strength of tribal sovereignty and the effectiveness of government-to-government negotiations. We are committed to utilizing the opportunities provided by this compact to enhance the well-being of our community members, support local economies, and continue our tradition of responsible gaming operations. As we’ve always said, this community is our home and it is our priority to have a positive impact on everyone that lives here.”
The ratification of this Indian gaming compact will enable Redding Rancheria to further its economic development initiatives, provide essential services to our tribal members, and contribute to the prosperity of the local community through job opportunities and local partnerships. The compact also reaffirms dedication to responsible gaming, ensuring the highest standards of integrity, fairness, and transparency.
- 2rbo Affiliates Shortlisted for Best Newcomer at iGB Affiliate Awards 2024
- Hacksaw Gaming Debuts DraftKings Partnership in New Jersey
- ESA Gaming partners with Novibet for global distribution deal
- ClearStake awarded ISO 27001 certification cementing its position as a trusted financial risk check provider
- ProgressPlay brings forward the future of casino management with revolutionary AI
- Yggdrasil fires up festive fun with Rock Star Santa MultiMax™
- Play’n GO launches Play’n GO Music
- BTG’s ‘Christmas Catch’ Slot Hits Evolution Network December 1
- Booming Games’ premium content is now available on 888 Casino in Spain
- From Track to Triumph: Ex-Professional Runner Lauren Fleshman’s Good For A Girl Wins Best Sports Book of 2023
- Stakelogic Live Receives License to Enter the Greek Market
- Galaxy Gaming® and Pragmatic Play Expand Licensing Agreement
- Spillemyndigheden Issues DKK100,000 in Fines for Illegal Games Advertising
- MGA Issues New Guidelines for Processes Related to Gaming Devices
- Jackpot Digital Receives License to Install Three Jackpot Blitz(R) ETGs at Jackson Rancheria Casino Resort in California
Canada6 days ago
Expanse Studios Forges Super Prospective Media Partnership with SlotsOnlineCanada.com
Australia6 days ago
The Star: Queensland Operations Update Remediation Plan, Licence Suspension and Special Manager
Canada6 days ago
MDC Showcases Exciting $5 Crash Gambling Offer for Canadian Players
Eastern Europe6 days ago
Player’s website already offers EGT Digital’s best selling games
Central Europe6 days ago
PRAGMATIC PLAY EXPANDS SLOVAKIAN PRESENCE WITH NIKÉ
Balkans6 days ago
CT Interactive’s content goes live with Everbet
Africa6 days ago
7777 gaming expands its reach in Nigeria with integration on betBonanza
Asia6 days ago
Mohegan INSPIRE to Hold Soft Opening on November 30