ULIS has elected new President and Executive Committee for the 2023-2025 term during its General Meeting in Sibenik, Croatia, on June 6.
The new President, Gilles Maillet, brings a profound knowledge and expertise in the area of work carried out by ULIS. He has been Director of Sports Integrity at La Française des Jeux (FDJ), France, for almost six years, and a member of the ULIS Executive Committee for four.
In these combined roles, Gilles Maillet has actively contributed to ULIS development, broadening its collaboration with key sports and public stakeholders, at national and international levels, including among others, the Council of Europe, IOC, FIFA, Interpol, ITIA and UEFA.
Additionally, as a member of the French national Platform, working to combat the manipulation of competitions, FDJ has initiated preventative actions with several sports federations and clubs, which have been a source of inspiration for developing the awareness-raising strategy of ULIS, adapted to the context of each member country.
The Executive Committee (2023-2025)
Enhancing global expertise in lotteries and sports betting sector, the new committee comprises:
- Gilles Maillet (Chair), Director of Sports integrity, La Française des Jeux, France
- Stéphane Fraser (Vice-Chair), Executive VP and Chief Operating Officer of Gaming Establishments, Loto-Québec, Canada
- Chee Wend Lam, Chief Executive Officer, Singapore Pools, Singapore
- Jens Nielsen, Sports Betting, Director, Danske Spil Denmark
- Younes El Mechrafi, Chief Executive Officer Marocaine des Jeux et des Sports (MDJS)
- Chris Lo, Head of Trading The Hong Kong Jockey Club, Hong Kong, China
- Ales Vesely, Chief Executive Officer, SAZKA a.a. Czech Republic
- Lemeng Wang, Board Director China Sports Lottery Operation Co., Ltd, China.