The Connecticut Lottery Corporation has announced it will open a new retail sports betting facility at the City of Bridgeport’s Total Mortgage Arena, the home of the New York Islanders’ AHL affiliate, the Bridgeport Islanders. The sports bar and sportsbook will be open daily, regardless of whether the arena is holding an event.
“The City of Bridgeport has been a focus for the Connecticut Lottery since Day 1, and we thank local officials and Bridgeport’s state delegation for their support in this endeavor. Total Mortgage Arena provides us with a unique space that is already known as an entertainment hub for sports, music performances, and events. The addition of the sportsbook will help make Total Mortgage Arena an entertainment and sports destination every day with ample and easy parking access,” Greg Smith, President and CEO of Connecticut Lottery Corporation, said.
“Working with the Connecticut Lottery and the City of Bridgeport to bring such an exciting element to our venue has been a priority for everyone involved. We look forward to bringing the sports betting market to our fans and community,” Zachary Klein, New York Islanders Executive Vice President and General Counsel, said.
“I applaud the efforts of the CT Lottery Corporation to establish a sportsbook location in Bridgeport. The location at Total Mortgage Arena will complement the current Entertainment District attractions and will continue to attract Bridgeport residents and visitors to our Downtown,” Mayor Joe Ganim said.
“The sportsbook will be a great addition that will expand entertainment and dining options for the greater Bridgeport area and tourists alike. I am proud to have spearheaded with my colleagues the legislation that made this possible. I thank the CT Lottery Corporation and the Bridgeport Islanders for this collaboration that will provide continuous opportunities to spur economic activity,” State Rep. Christopher Rosario said.
“Bridgeport is increasingly home to a lot of entertainment in recent years and the opening of this sportsbook diversifies and provides opportunities to build off of moving forward. I am proud to have pushed the gaming legislation that made this all possible on the Public Safety Committee. Many thanks to CT Lottery for recognizing Bridgeport as the best place for this opportunity,” State Rep. Antonio Felipe said.
A new 2500-square-foot sportsbook space on the venue’s ground floor will be constructed in the coming months. The sportsbook will include a state-of-the-art sports experience with full food and drink service, more than 10 TVs, plus an exterior patio, and bar seating. Bettors will be able to place their wagers on one of a dozen kiosks or at teller windows.
Total Mortgage Arena is a sports and entertainment venue that hosts a diverse set of over 100 events a year featuring some of the biggest music and entertainment acts in the world, championship MMA and wrestling matches, Monster Jam motorsports experiences, and other large-scale sporting events, including the 2022 NCAA Women’s Basketball East Regionals and the 2023 NCAA Men’s Ice Hockey Regional. The site will be one of 15 of the CLC’s authorized retail sportsbook locations, which includes the newly opened sportsbooks at Arooga’s in Shelton and the XL Center in Hartford.
Fanatics Betting & Gaming Launches Retail and Online Sports Betting in Connecticut
Fanatics Betting and Gaming, a subsidiary of Fanatics Holdings Inc., a global digital sports platform, soft launched retail and online sports betting today in Connecticut. The Fanatics Sportsbook now serves as the Connecticut Lottery Corporation’s (CLC) exclusive sports betting partner for mobile and retail channels. For the week, the Fanatics Sportsbook will accept 2,000 online customers with the full launch coming on Monday, December 18. Sports fans in Connecticut will be able to download the Fanatics Sportsbook on iOS and Android or visit any of ten retail sports betting locations to begin their Fanatics experience. Connecticut marks the ninth state for the Fanatics Sportsbook.
The Fanatics Sportsbook offers customers the ability to earn FanCash on bets and is disrupting the sports betting industry by offering the following exciting new features to online customers in Connecticut:
- Building a better sportsbook: The Fanatics Sportsbook app was built natively on iOS and Android. The design, speed and quality of the navigation experience rival the sports betting apps in the market today that were not built specifically for iOS and Android.
- The most rewarding online sportsbook: It’s all thanks to FanCash – The Currency of Sport. FanCash, the backbone of the Fanatics loyalty program, can be converted dollar-for-dollar into Bonus Bets and can also be used to purchase your favorite team merchandise at Fanatics .com.
- From curated to a more personalized experience: Customers know what they want to bet on, and a sportsbook should know it too. Introducing the Fanatics Sportsbook Discover page with marquee games, trending bets, promos and the rewards you want most. In the near future, the Discover page will be personalized to the customer’s favorite teams, sports and markets.
- Search: Search easily for the bet you want and bet directly from the results. The Fanatics Sportsbook offers industry-leading search functionality, including a search bar, recent searches, autocomplete, synonym/alias and deep linking to leagues, events, and markets.
- Live streaming: The Fanatics Sportsbook, in partnership with Genius Sports Limited, was one of the first legal sportsbooks to launch BetVision, a first-of-its-kind live sports betting product that enables customers to place bets while live streaming select professional football games in the sportsbook app.
Fanatics Betting and Gaming will upgrade the ten CT Lottery run retail locations in Connecticut with new signage, enhanced odds screens and brand-new self-service betting kiosks from Suzohapp. Fanatics Sportsbook will be the official odds provider for all CT Lottery retail sports betting locations and offer legal betting markets for all major sports including professional and college football, basketball, hockey, baseball, alongside tennis, soccer, golf, MMA and boxing. The development and trading of sports betting markets will be done in-house at Fanatics Betting and Gaming and supported by a number of world-class trading suppliers. Sports fans will start seeing the Fanatics Sportsbook change over this week at the following locations across Connecticut:
- Bobby V’s in Stamford and Windsor Locks
- Sports Haven in New Haven
- Winners in Hartford, Manchester, Milford, New Britain and Waterbury
- The XL Center in Hartford
- Aroogas in Shelton
Fanatics Betting and Gaming and the Connecticut Lottery believe that responsible gaming is a core tenet and a part of each organization’s DNA. Online customers will have access to Responsible Gaming tools to manage their time and money and on-site retail staff have received responsible wagering training and can offer support services to customers when needed. The Fanatics Sportsbook will also offer online customers in Connecticut a best in class Help Center, chat experience and knowledgeable agents with 24/7 coverage.
Connecticut Lottery Corporation Announces Partnership with Fanatics Betting and Gaming
The Connecticut Lottery Corporation (CLC) today announced Fanatics Betting and Gaming, a subsidiary of Fanatics Holdings Incorporated, a global digital sports platform, as its new sports betting partner in the state of Connecticut. The Fanatics Sportsbook will serve as the CLC’s exclusive sports betting provider for mobile and retail channels. The expected transition date is mid-December.
“Fanatics is the only true sports brand in the gaming space and has established itself as an innovator in the industry,” the President and Chief Executive Officer for the CLC, Greg Smith, said. “We have been impressed with the Fanatics team, its aggressive entry into the United States sports betting market and we are excited to see how it redefines the sports betting customer experience here in Connecticut. The CLC anticipates notable market share growth as a result of this partnership.”
Sports fans living in and visiting Connecticut will soon be able to download the Fanatics Sportsbook on iOS and Android and begin their Fanatics experience. With this new partnership, Connecticut sports bettors will enjoy an online sportsbook that makes being a fan easy with fast signup, easy betting, transparent withdrawals, live streaming, industry-leading search functionality, the ability to earn FanCash on their bets and a curated discover page with the sports and bets that matter most to a customer.
“We are excited to be working with the CLC to bring the Fanatics Sportsbook to customers in Connecticut,” the Chief Business Officer for Fanatics Holdings Incorporated, Ari Borod, said. “We are looking forward to bringing the Fanatics experience to the ten retail locations throughout Connecticut and, more importantly, adding our innovative mobile app to the online choices available in Connecticut.”
To download images and videos of the Fanatics Sportsbook, visit the Fanatics Media Center and for more news and information follow the Fanatics Sportsbook social channels on X @FanaticsBook_PB and on Instagram @FanaticsBook_PB.
Sportech Reports Gross Profit of £14.2M in 2022
Sportech has reported increased gross profit of 11 percent for 2022 to £14.2m, with executive chairman Richard McGuire noting investment in US sports betting “has started to deliver results.”
The company also reported stable revenue growth of two percent to £26m in its latest trading update for the year ending December 31.
And adjusted EBITDA returned to positive at £1.6m, compared to a £1.8m loss in 2021.
As for sports betting, Sportech said 2023 Q1 retail hold was 39 percent up against Q1 last year.
The increase follows Sportech agreeing to become a distributor for the Connecticut Lottery Corporation’s sports betting product at the majority of venues across the state in August 2021.
The gross retail sports betting handle during the year through Sportech Venues was $98.7m. Sportech has also recently invested in two online pool betting sites in the US, which both delivered revenue growth in 2022 – and Sportech said additional opportunities for these sites are under review.
McGuire said: “2022 was a year of consolidation and progress and the team are excited about the potential in 2023. Our investment in the growth of US sports betting has started to deliver results.
“2022 Operational leverage was impressive, as modest revenue gains translated to impressive gross profit gains and a return to positive EBITDA during the year. We are reviewing various strategic options for the current business lines while evaluating online betting opportunities that leverage our brand, people and expertise.”
Powered by WPeMatico
- The largest exhibition of the gaming industry in Bulgaria marks its 15 year
- Esports to Beat Football? SOFTSWISS Shares Sports Betting Trends for 2024
- Week 8/2024 slot games releases
- Control F5 Anticipates High Expectations for Gaming Insights Rio in Collaboration with SuperHost
- Hacksaw Gaming Goes Live with Market Leader JOI Gaming in the Netherlands
- Stakelogic Launches Second Live Jackpot “Progressive Live Jackpot”
- Yggdrasil grows European presence with 711 deal
- Breaking News: New £2 maximum stake for under 25s playing online slots in the UK
- Largest gaming trade show was a galactic success for NOVOMATIC
- DAZN Appoints Brice Daumin as CEO of French and Swiss Operations
- Spillemyndigheden: Error Concerning Renewals of ROFUS Registrations
- Uncover Ancient Treasures in Tiki Tiki Hold ‘N’ Win from Stakelogic
- Flutter Awards Bumper £400K Lifeline to Community Clubs
- California Gambling Control Commission Announces Comprehensive Agenda for Upcoming Meeting
- Expert Insights and Networking: SBC’s Exclusive Capital Markets Forum at the NYSE
Australia6 days ago
Star Entertainment Announces Jobs Guarantee & Cashless Gaming Trial Agreements in NSW
Andreas Krannich6 days ago
Sportradar Appoints Felippe Marchetti to Lead Integrity Services in Brazil
Central Europe6 days ago
DSWV Calls for Changes as Black Market Betting Rises in 2023
$12.5 Million Venom6 days ago
ACR Poker Offers Dozens of Tickets to $12.5 Million Venom at Enjoy Poker Series in Uruguay
Central Europe5 days ago
Low6 equips BETFAN with free-to-play arcade games
Africa5 days ago
African expansion delights BetGames as Skyward enjoys successful tier-one launch
Balkans4 days ago
FK Partizan Signs Sponsorship Contract with MaxBet
Compliance Updates4 days ago
WorldMatch Secures its Gaming License in Romania