Plan will deliver interactive television to 40 million viewers across 11 countries for the first time
Today, TAPPP and Vrio Corp./DIRECTV announced an agreement to bring interactive television to Latin America for the first time.
DIRECTV Latin America and Sky Brazil will deploy TAPPP’s patented MicroApp PlatformTM to all its customers enabling real-time interactive services, including betting and contextual commerce, across both its linear TV services and its DGO streaming platform. At launch, the MicroApp Platform will be featured alongside live-sports telecasts with plans to roll it out across all types of programming in the future.
The TAPPP MicroApp Platform, under U.S. Patent 11,804,101, leverages a first-of-its-kind content management and transaction platform to offer a suite of viewing-enhancement apps such as shopping, betting, contests, stats, interactive polling and advertising. Each app is “contextually aware” offering up content, betting odds, and promotions that can be tailored to the viewer’s unique preferences, the programming being watched and the specific events occurring at that particular moment.
The launch, expected to go live in the second quarter will deliver interactive products and services to more than 10 million Latin American households, across 11 countries, with a potential audience of roughly 40 million people.
“For our subscribers, this expands and completely redefines what the TV experience can be, personalized and customized to every individual viewer”, said Mariana Lischner Goldvarg, CEO of DIRECTV Latin America. “It is a revolution in the way we consume content. Plus, it closes the gap between brand awareness and purchase. With contextual commerce, a viewer can take advantage of personalized offers instantly and get exactly what they want, fast.”
For advertisers who are part of the industry-wide push for stronger attention metrics, DIRECTV Latin American and Sky Brazil will have powerful TAPPP data that proves audiences are not only watching, but are also engaged with content.
“We are thrilled to be bringing our MicroApp Platform to viewers beyond the United States with powerful brands like DIRECTV in Latin America and Sky in Brazil”, said Sandy Agarwal, CEO and Founder, TAPPP. “We believe in-game, real-time interactivity, including in-game betting, will be eagerly embraced by TV viewers across the region, especially Millennials and GenZers, who are demanding ever-greater levels of interactivity as part of their entertainment choices.”
- The largest exhibition of the gaming industry in Bulgaria marks its 15 year
- Esports to Beat Football? SOFTSWISS Shares Sports Betting Trends for 2024
- Week 8/2024 slot games releases
- Control F5 Anticipates High Expectations for Gaming Insights Rio in Collaboration with SuperHost
- Hacksaw Gaming Goes Live with Market Leader JOI Gaming in the Netherlands
- Stakelogic Launches Second Live Jackpot “Progressive Live Jackpot”
- Yggdrasil grows European presence with 711 deal
- Breaking News: New £2 maximum stake for under 25s playing online slots in the UK
- Largest gaming trade show was a galactic success for NOVOMATIC
- DAZN Appoints Brice Daumin as CEO of French and Swiss Operations
- Spillemyndigheden: Error Concerning Renewals of ROFUS Registrations
- Uncover Ancient Treasures in Tiki Tiki Hold ‘N’ Win from Stakelogic
- Flutter Awards Bumper £400K Lifeline to Community Clubs
- California Gambling Control Commission Announces Comprehensive Agenda for Upcoming Meeting
- Expert Insights and Networking: SBC’s Exclusive Capital Markets Forum at the NYSE
Australia6 days ago
Star Entertainment Announces Jobs Guarantee & Cashless Gaming Trial Agreements in NSW
Andreas Krannich6 days ago
Sportradar Appoints Felippe Marchetti to Lead Integrity Services in Brazil
Central Europe6 days ago
DSWV Calls for Changes as Black Market Betting Rises in 2023
$12.5 Million Venom6 days ago
ACR Poker Offers Dozens of Tickets to $12.5 Million Venom at Enjoy Poker Series in Uruguay
Central Europe5 days ago
Low6 equips BETFAN with free-to-play arcade games
Africa5 days ago
African expansion delights BetGames as Skyward enjoys successful tier-one launch
Balkans4 days ago
FK Partizan Signs Sponsorship Contract with MaxBet
Compliance Updates4 days ago
WorldMatch Secures its Gaming License in Romania