Yesterday, DraftKings Inc. (Nasdaq: DKNG) announced it has reached an agreement in principle, subject to licensing and regulatory approvals, with the Passamaquoddy Tribe paving the way for the launch of its online sportsbook in Maine.
“Building a relationship with the Passamaquoddy Tribe is a fantastic opportunity for DraftKings, as we look to bring customers in the state of Maine safe and legal sports betting,” said Jason Robins, Chief Executive Officer and co-founder, DraftKings. “We look forward to our continued collaboration with the Maine Gambling Control Unit as we become the official mobile sports betting provider of the Passamaquoddy Tribe and launch in our industry-leading 25th state.”
The agreement between DraftKings and the Passamaquoddy Tribe will allow sports fans 21 years of age and older to access DraftKings’ innovative, immersive and entertaining sportsbook app experience that includes a variety of wagering options including pre-match and in-game options as well as signature, built in-house same-game-parlay features.
“The Passamaquoddy Tribe is excited to enter into a mobile sports wagering agreement with DraftKings,” said Chief William Nicholas, Passamaquoddy Tribe. “We couldn’t have landed a better organization in the mobile sports wagering arena, and we look forward to continued progress and investment for future growth in the state of Maine.”
“The Passamaquoddy Tribe at Sipayik is incredibly thrilled to have a mobile sports wagering deal with DraftKings,” said Chief Pos Bassett, Pleasant Point Tribal Government. “They are the industry leaders, and we are excited to be a part of bringing a first-class mobile sports wagering experience to Maine. This is a huge step forward for my community and the state.”
In response to the tragic events in Lewiston, ME on October 25, DraftKings will be donating $100,000 to Lewiston-Auburn Area Response Fund to support those affected. With Maine Community Foundation (MaineCF) as a conduit, 100% of every dollar donated will be allocated to people impacted and the organizations that will help guide Lewiston-Auburn through the process of healing. Donations to the Lewiston-Auburn Area Response Funds will be distributed with deep community guidance, including from MaineCF’s statewide board, engagement by MaineCF’s Androscoggin County Committee, and community steering committees.
An active member of the American Gaming Association (“AGA”), DraftKings is committed to promoting the AGA’s Have A Game Plan.® Bet Responsibly public service campaign, which educates customers on responsible gaming best practices, such as establishing and adhering to a budget and only engaging with legal, regulated operators. DraftKings is committed to creating inclusive and responsible pathways for people to build, create, imagine and innovate through the DraftKings S.E.R.V.E.S. program.
Eligible customers in Maine can access the latest betting markets and more by downloading the DraftKings Sportsbook app available via iOS and Android. To become a DraftKings Dynasty Rewards member, visit sportsbook.draftkings .com/dynasty. For problem gambling support or services, please call 1-800-GAMBLER. Persons under 21 years of age may not participate in sports wagering.
- 2rbo Affiliates Shortlisted for Best Newcomer at iGB Affiliate Awards 2024
- Hacksaw Gaming Debuts DraftKings Partnership in New Jersey
- ESA Gaming partners with Novibet for global distribution deal
- ClearStake awarded ISO 27001 certification cementing its position as a trusted financial risk check provider
- ProgressPlay brings forward the future of casino management with revolutionary AI
- Yggdrasil fires up festive fun with Rock Star Santa MultiMax™
- Play’n GO launches Play’n GO Music
- BTG’s ‘Christmas Catch’ Slot Hits Evolution Network December 1
- Booming Games’ premium content is now available on 888 Casino in Spain
- From Track to Triumph: Ex-Professional Runner Lauren Fleshman’s Good For A Girl Wins Best Sports Book of 2023
- Stakelogic Live Receives License to Enter the Greek Market
- Galaxy Gaming® and Pragmatic Play Expand Licensing Agreement
- Spillemyndigheden Issues DKK100,000 in Fines for Illegal Games Advertising
- MGA Issues New Guidelines for Processes Related to Gaming Devices
- Jackpot Digital Receives License to Install Three Jackpot Blitz(R) ETGs at Jackson Rancheria Casino Resort in California
Australia5 days ago
The Star: Queensland Operations Update Remediation Plan, Licence Suspension and Special Manager
Canada6 days ago
Expanse Studios Forges Super Prospective Media Partnership with SlotsOnlineCanada.com
Canada6 days ago
MDC Showcases Exciting $5 Crash Gambling Offer for Canadian Players
Eastern Europe5 days ago
Player’s website already offers EGT Digital’s best selling games
Central Europe5 days ago
PRAGMATIC PLAY EXPANDS SLOVAKIAN PRESENCE WITH NIKÉ
Balkans5 days ago
CT Interactive’s content goes live with Everbet
Asia5 days ago
Mohegan INSPIRE to Hold Soft Opening on November 30
Africa5 days ago
7777 gaming expands its reach in Nigeria with integration on betBonanza