The California Gambling Control Commission (CGCC) has announced it will convene a Gaming Policy Advisory Committee (GPAC) meeting on Friday, February 16, 2024, at 1p.m. This essential gathering aims to address key matters related to controlled gaming regulatory policy, problem gambling and other relevant issues affecting the gambling sector in California.
In a bid to accommodate participants from various locations and ensure widespread participation, the meeting will be available both in person at the CGCC’s premises in Sacramento and via tele/video conference. The CGCC encourages public participation, urging interested parties to join through Zoom using the provided link or call-in number to contribute to the discourse.
Meeting Agenda Highlights
The agenda for the upcoming GPAC meeting includes several critical items:
- Introduction of new members: The session will commence with a warm welcome and the introduction of new members to the GPAC, fostering a collaborative environment for all involved.
- Approval of previous meeting minutes: The committee will review and approve the minutes from the November 14, 2023, meeting, ensuring that all decisions and discussions are accurately recorded.
- Discussion on GPAC’s role and responsibilities: A significant portion of the meeting will be dedicated to revisiting the GPAC’s mission statement, discussing the scope of projects and discussions and clarifying the responsibilities and expectations of GPAC members. This segment will also cover the importance of adhering to the Bagley Keene Open Meeting Act.
- Current projects update: Emmanuel Macalino, a sub-committee member, will provide an update on the GPAC Outreach Project, showcasing the committee’s ongoing efforts and initiatives.
- Future agenda items: The committee will discuss new agenda items for future meetings including proposals from GPAC members or the public and a review of the Commission’s proposed regulatory text for multi-owner licenses.
- Public comment and participation: The meeting will allocate time for public comments, allowing for a broader engagement with the community and stakeholders.
How to Participate
The CGCC is making it easy for the public to engage in this critical meeting. Attendees can participate in person at the CGCC’s office in Sacramento or virtually via Zoom. For those unable to attend live but wishing to contribute, the Commission welcomes public comments via e-mail, which will be read into the record during the meeting.
This meeting underscores the CGCC’s commitment to transparency, public participation and the continuous improvement of the gambling regulatory framework in California. Stakeholders, industry professionals and members of the public are encouraged to join the meeting and contribute to the vital discussions that shape the future of gambling regulation in the state.
For more information on the meeting including how to join via Zoom and submit public comments, please visit the CGCC’s website or contact Niecesha Williams at the CGCC for any special accommodations or additional inquiries.
- Fanatics Sportsbook Launches Today in Michigan
- Shaping the Future of Betting: SBC Summit North America Announces ‘Sports Betting’ Track
- All Eyes on LatAm Markets at Gaming Insights Rio
- Blaze Gaming turns up the heat by joining First Look Games
- Betby strengthens partnership with Bad Hombre Gaming
- PopOk Gaming’s new Crash Game release Crash Extreme
- Gaming Corps to provide thrilling games suite to WKND in latest partnership
- Swintt strikes gold in Dynamite Boost
- Clarion Gaming Digital Expands North American Reach with Global Gaming Business Acquisition
- Sportingtech Pens Latin America Content Deal with iGaming Supplier Darwin Gaming
- Revealing the victors of the Casino Guru Awards 2024
- LIGHTNING BOX™ UNVEILS LANDMARK DUAL LAUNCH WITH THUNDERING SHENLONG™ AND THUNDERING GORILLA™
- Evoplay brings instant game to the ice in latest release Hockey Shootout
- PRAGMATIC PLAY ADDS TO BET365 COLLABORATION WITH GREEK EXPANSION
- Playson adds award-winning portfolio to iGP’s content aggregation hub
Africa7 days ago
Comtrade Gaming Launches its Cutting-Edge Central Monitoring System in Uganda
Australia7 days ago
ACMA Blocks More Illegal Gambling Websites
Press Releases7 days ago
Wazdan takes Online Gaining™ to stand A170 during the SBC Summit Rio 2024
Latest News7 days ago
Week 7/2024 slot games releases
Compliance Updates7 days ago
Supremeland Gaming Moves into the United States Gaming Market After Gaining Landmark Approval in Pennsylvania
Latest News6 days ago
BiS Festival 2024 will take the iGaming world to the Marvelous City
Latest News7 days ago
Unibet and Tour de Tietema Launches Heart Health Awareness Campaign – “Follow Your Heart”
Australia4 days ago
Star Entertainment Announces Jobs Guarantee & Cashless Gaming Trial Agreements in NSW