The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board (“Board”) unanimously voted to renew the Category 1 horse track casino license of Downs Racing, LP, operator of Mohegan Pennsylvania in Luzerne County.
In making the decision, the Board determined that Downs Racing, LP had fulfilled the obligations under its previously approved casino operator’s license and therefore qualified to have its license renewed for an additional five-year period.
The decision to renew the license was based on a process utilized by the Board that enables both the operator and the public to provide information relevant to the renewal decision. A public input hearing was held in September 2023 in the casino’s host municipality, Plains Township, where personnel of Mohegan Pennsylvania submitted exhibits and presented testimony on various aspects of the facility’s operation since its last license renewal was granted. The public was also permitted to provide testimony about the casino and its impact in the community.
In reaching its decision, the Board also received information from local government officials, community groups and the PA State Police, along with the Gaming Control Board’s Office of Enforcement Counsel, Bureau of Investigations and Enforcement, Office of Compulsive and Problem Gaming, and Bureau of Casino Compliance.
Additionally, a public hearing was held in Harrisburg today to permit Board members to further question Downs Racing, LP representatives about any remaining issues prior to voting on the renewal.
Since its opening in November 2006 through December 2023, Mohegan Pennsylvania has generated $4,035,535,943 in gross revenue from the play of retail slot machines and table games, sports wagering and iGaming, and has returned to the Commonwealth a total of $2,066,749,049 from tax revenue, assessments and fees. Mohegan Pennsylvania currently operates 1,630 slot machines and 67 table games while employing 891 persons.
A PowerPoint presentation provided at the meeting which includes more details on Mohegan Pennsylvania is available on the Board’s website, www .gamingcontrolboard .pa .gov, under the Board Meetings tab and calendar date January 24, 2024.
- The largest exhibition of the gaming industry in Bulgaria marks its 15 year
- Esports to Beat Football? SOFTSWISS Shares Sports Betting Trends for 2024
- Week 8/2024 slot games releases
- Control F5 Anticipates High Expectations for Gaming Insights Rio in Collaboration with SuperHost
- Hacksaw Gaming Goes Live with Market Leader JOI Gaming in the Netherlands
- Stakelogic Launches Second Live Jackpot “Progressive Live Jackpot”
- Yggdrasil grows European presence with 711 deal
- Breaking News: New £2 maximum stake for under 25s playing online slots in the UK
- Largest gaming trade show was a galactic success for NOVOMATIC
- DAZN Appoints Brice Daumin as CEO of French and Swiss Operations
- Spillemyndigheden: Error Concerning Renewals of ROFUS Registrations
- Uncover Ancient Treasures in Tiki Tiki Hold ‘N’ Win from Stakelogic
- Flutter Awards Bumper £400K Lifeline to Community Clubs
- California Gambling Control Commission Announces Comprehensive Agenda for Upcoming Meeting
- Expert Insights and Networking: SBC’s Exclusive Capital Markets Forum at the NYSE
Australia6 days ago
Star Entertainment Announces Jobs Guarantee & Cashless Gaming Trial Agreements in NSW
Andreas Krannich6 days ago
Sportradar Appoints Felippe Marchetti to Lead Integrity Services in Brazil
Central Europe6 days ago
DSWV Calls for Changes as Black Market Betting Rises in 2023
$12.5 Million Venom6 days ago
ACR Poker Offers Dozens of Tickets to $12.5 Million Venom at Enjoy Poker Series in Uruguay
Central Europe5 days ago
Low6 equips BETFAN with free-to-play arcade games
Africa5 days ago
African expansion delights BetGames as Skyward enjoys successful tier-one launch
Balkans4 days ago
FK Partizan Signs Sponsorship Contract with MaxBet
Compliance Updates4 days ago
WorldMatch Secures its Gaming License in Romania