Underdog Sports, the fast-growing sports gaming platform, announced a partnership with McConnell Golf as part of its application for a sports betting license in North Carolina. Sedgefield Country Club, a private club, located in Greensboro, and host of the PGA TOUR’s Wyndham Championship, appointed Underdog to host, manage, operate, and support the Underdog branded online gambling services in the state. McConnell Golf, through its ownership, operates Sedgefield Country Club.
“Underdog is thrilled to launch our betting games in North Carolina in partnership with McConnell Golf. We’ve spent the last four years building our own technology so we can give sports fans in America new and different ways to enjoy the sports they love. We’re excited to be able to offer that to North Carolinians and look forward to evolving the experience with them,” Jeremy Levine, founder and co-CEO of Underdog Sports, said.
“McConnell Golf is thrilled to welcome Underdog Sports as our official sports betting partner. Underdog is the fastest growing fantasy sports company ever – that is impressive,” McConnell Golf COO Christian Anastasiadis said.
Anastasiadis notes that it was important for McConnell Golf to find the right partner that could provide a completely different approach to sports competitions and tournaments.
“We too believe in thinking differently and challenging the status quo, and there is a lot of star power behind the Underdog Fantasy app. I truly believe we found the right partner,” said Anastasiadis.
“This partnership was conceived with fans in mind. We’re looking forward to working with McConnell Golf to bring people together to experience their premier club properties,” added Levine.
To date, Underdog is one of nine operators to submit applications to the North Carolina State Lottery Commission, which is overseeing the rollout of the state’s sports betting market. North Carolina legalized online sports betting after Governor Roy Cooper signed HB 347 into law in June 2023. Underdog’s sports betting platform will be part of a strong, competitive market for sports wagering in the Tarheel State that will benefit sports, sports fans, and all North Carolinians.
Underdog currently operates and offers fantasy sports products in 33 states and virtually all Canadian provinces and territories.
- The largest exhibition of the gaming industry in Bulgaria marks its 15 year
- Esports to Beat Football? SOFTSWISS Shares Sports Betting Trends for 2024
- Week 8/2024 slot games releases
- Control F5 Anticipates High Expectations for Gaming Insights Rio in Collaboration with SuperHost
- Hacksaw Gaming Goes Live with Market Leader JOI Gaming in the Netherlands
- Stakelogic Launches Second Live Jackpot “Progressive Live Jackpot”
- Yggdrasil grows European presence with 711 deal
- Breaking News: New £2 maximum stake for under 25s playing online slots in the UK
- Largest gaming trade show was a galactic success for NOVOMATIC
- DAZN Appoints Brice Daumin as CEO of French and Swiss Operations
- Spillemyndigheden: Error Concerning Renewals of ROFUS Registrations
- Uncover Ancient Treasures in Tiki Tiki Hold ‘N’ Win from Stakelogic
- Flutter Awards Bumper £400K Lifeline to Community Clubs
- California Gambling Control Commission Announces Comprehensive Agenda for Upcoming Meeting
- Expert Insights and Networking: SBC’s Exclusive Capital Markets Forum at the NYSE
Australia6 days ago
Star Entertainment Announces Jobs Guarantee & Cashless Gaming Trial Agreements in NSW
Andreas Krannich6 days ago
Sportradar Appoints Felippe Marchetti to Lead Integrity Services in Brazil
Central Europe6 days ago
DSWV Calls for Changes as Black Market Betting Rises in 2023
$12.5 Million Venom6 days ago
ACR Poker Offers Dozens of Tickets to $12.5 Million Venom at Enjoy Poker Series in Uruguay
Central Europe5 days ago
Low6 equips BETFAN with free-to-play arcade games
Africa5 days ago
African expansion delights BetGames as Skyward enjoys successful tier-one launch
Balkans4 days ago
FK Partizan Signs Sponsorship Contract with MaxBet
Australia4 days ago
Supercars Partners with Dabble