Canada
TheLines.com: Scheffler, Rahm the oddsmakers’ favorites at PGA Championship

Masters champion Scottie Scheffler and Spaniard Jon Rahm are the oddsmakers’ consensus favorites to win the PGA Championship this week at Southern Hills Country Club in Tulsa, Okla., according to TheLines, which tracks odds in the U.S. regulated sports betting market.
Scheffler, who entered 2022 without a PGA Tour win in his career, has now won four times and ascended to the No. 1 world ranking. Both Scheffler and Rahm are listed at +1100, according to a consensus of the nation’s largest legal online sportsbooks — including DraftKings, FanDuel, BetMGM, BetRivers, Caesars, and PointsBet. That means a bettor will win $1,100 for every $100 wagered should Scheffler or Rahm claim the Wanamaker Trophy.
Rahm won last year’s U.S. Open in June to claim his first major title, but was winless until three weeks ago at the Mexico Open. Rory McIlroy is next at +1400, followed by Justin Thomas (+1500), Collin Morikawa (+1800), and Patrick Cantlay (+1800).
Also at +1800 is Jordan Speith, who needs a PGA Championship to complete the career Grand Slam. Spieth missed the cut at The Masters but rebounded to win the following week, and he finished second over the weekend at the Byron Nelson Championship.
Tiger Woods, who shocked many by not only playing at The Masters, but also making the cut, is +6000 at this week’s PGA. This will be just his second start since the devastating car accident 16 months ago.
The PGA Championship will not have a back-to-back winner after Phil Mickelson — who stunned many last year with a win at Kiawah Island, South Carolina — withdrew from this year’s event. Mickelson has not played a PGA Tour event or major championship since his controversial comments about the Saudi Arabian government and his connection to LIV Golf, the Saudi-backed rival to the PGA Tour.
“There will be a lot of talk this week about who is not playing, and the fact that Tiger Woods is playing,” said Brett Collson, lead analyst for TheLines. “While the PGA has had its share of longshot winners in the past, golf hasn’t really had a surprise major champion since Gary Woodland won the 2019 U.S. Open. There is value down the board, but bettors will likely focus on the top of the board when picking a winner this week.”
As for the course, Southern Hills should prove to be a strong test, playing at more than 7,500 yards this week.
“As it relates to Southern Hills, the 2022 PGA Championship is a perfect amalgamation of the characteristics of each of the other three Majors,” said John Haslbauer, who writes about golf wagering and advanced golf metrics for TheLines. “It has the expansive undulating fairways and around-the-green premiums of Augusta National, it has the tight greenside runoffs and exposure to high winds which we’re accustomed to seeing at The Open, and it’s been lengthened to a point where distance will provide a distinct advantage, just like the U.S. Open.”
The consensus odds for the favorites to win the 2022 PGA Championship as of May 16:
- Jon Rahm, +1100
- Scottie Scheffler, +1100
- Rory McIlroy, +1400
- Justin Thomas, +1500
- Collin Morikawa, +1800
- Patrick Cantlay, +1800
- Jordan Spieth, +1800
- Dustin Johnson, +2000
- Cam Smith, +2000
- Viktor Hovland, +2200
Powered by WPeMatico
BetVictor
BetVictor Canada launches Tracy McGrady Safer Gambling campaign

BetVictor Canada has launched its new out-of-home advertising campaign across the streets of Toronto to promote NBA legend Tracy McGrady as its Safer Gambling Ambassador.
Two mobile digital trucks strategically targeting high-traffic areas near Scotiabank Arena, Rogers Centre, and major sporting events will provide prime audience exposure for the campaign, scheduled around Toronto Maple Leafs, Toronto Raptors, and Toronto Blue Jays home games.
To further enhance the campaign’s reach, BetVictor Canada has partnered with Clear Media Group to leverage digital taxi tops across Toronto, providing city-wide exposure with 100 taxis displaying key brand messaging. These digital taxi tops will run during peak evening hours (5:00pm – 9:00pm) on select dates until April 5th, 2025.
The campaign coincides with Problem Gambling Awareness Month, a nationwide grassroots campaign held each March that seeks to increase public awareness of problem gambling and promote prevention, treatment, and recovery services.
BetVictor Canada offers an array of tools and services to help its Canadian customers bet and play safely and responsibly, across a host of sports betting markets and online casino games.
Mark Harper, Head of Emerging Markets at BV Group, said: “BetVictor is delighted to be participating in the National Council of Problem Gambling campaign in March, to help increase public awareness of problem gambling and the need to promote prevention, treatment and recovery services.
“In using our Safer Gambling Ambassador, Tracy McGrady, to raise awareness about BetVictor’s safer gambling tools such as loss limits, time alerts and product restrictions we are dedicated to ensuring all players have a safe gambling experience. #PGAM2025.”
The post BetVictor Canada launches Tracy McGrady Safer Gambling campaign appeared first on Gaming and Gambling Industry in the Americas.
AGCO
AGCO issues $110,000 in penalties to BetMGM Canada for offering cash to induce new gambling customers

The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) has served BetMGM Canada Inc. with an Order of Monetary Penalty (OMP) of $110,000 for violations of the Registrar’s Standards for Internet Gaming.
In two separate incidents in 2024, BetMGM engaged marketing companies who offered cash to members of the public in return for opening new BetMGM accounts. The marketing activities occurred in public forums, such as a major national trade conference. Under AGCO’s Standards, operators are responsible for the conduct of their third-party suppliers who are contracted to support the operator’s Ontario gaming business, and must require their third-parties to meet Ontario laws, regulations and standards (Standard 1.19).
Ontario is one of the first jurisdictions in the world to establish and enforce rules that strictly limit high-risk inducement advertising and marketing in the online gambling industry. Registered iGaming operators are prohibited from offering gambling inducements, bonuses and credits as part of their broad public advertising and marketing activities (Standard 2.05). These Standards exist to protect Ontarians from predatory advertising and promotional marketing practices in order to limit the risk of gambling-related harm.
A registered operator served with an OMP by the AGCO has the right to appeal the Registrar’s decision to the Licence Appeal Tribunal (LAT), which is an adjudicative tribunal independent of the AGCO and part of Tribunals Ontario.
QUOTE
“Responsible gambling safeguards and the protection of Ontarians on registered gaming sites is among our key priorities. The AGCO monitors the activities of all registered operators and their third-party suppliers to ensure they are meeting our high standards and we continue to take strong action to ensure they operate within the public interest.”
Dr. Karin Schnarr, Chief Executive Officer and Registrar – AGCO
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
BetMGM Canada Inc. failed to comply with the Registrar’s Standards for Internet Gaming. Specifically, the licensee failed to comply with the following provisions of the Standards:
- 1.19 Operators are responsible for the actions of third parties with whom they contract for the provision of any aspect of the Operator’s business related to gaming in Ontario and must require the third party to conduct themselves in so far as they carry out activities on behalf of the operator as if they were bound by the same laws, regulations, and standards.
- 2.05 Advertising and marketing materials that communicate gambling inducements, bonuses and credits are prohibited, except on an operator’s gaming site and through direct advertising and marketing, after receiving active player consent.
Contrary to the Standards, BetMGM Canada Inc. and/or their affiliates allegedly engaged in the following activities:
a) | On or about January 13 and 14, 2024, BetMGM representatives were alleged to have attended the National Franchise Show and were offering $100 in cash to new players for opening a new account and depositing $15. |
b) | On or about March 11, 2024, BetMGM acknowledged that its marketing affiliate “Above the Street” had engaged in prohibited inducement marketing. The conduct resulted in 377 player sign-ups and $127,180.00 in commissions to “Above the Street”. |
c) | On or about April 13, 2024, another BetMGM marketing affiliate “Maple Leaf Marketing” engaged in prohibited inducements and marketing to induce on-site activations and acquire new players. The conduct resulted in 94 player sign-ups and about $34,000.00 in commissions paid to “Maple Leaf Marketing”. |
The post AGCO issues $110,000 in penalties to BetMGM Canada for offering cash to induce new gambling customers appeared first on Gaming and Gambling Industry in the Americas.
BCLC
BCLC Launches “What’s played here stays here” Campaign

BCLC’s new “What’s played here stays here” campaign is issuing an important reminder to British Columbians who choose to gamble – specifically that all net profit its operations generate stays in B.C. to help fund critical services like education, health care and community programs.
The campaign also reinforces that all other gambling websites operating in B.C. are illegal and take away funds from critical community programs and services.
“Across B.C. and Canada, we’ve seen incredible groundswell around the importance of buying and supporting local, and that’s no different for British Columbians who choose gambling for their entertainment. We want our B.C. players to know they can find a world-class gambling experience in their own backyard, whether it’s at one of our 33 casinos, 3,400 lottery retailers, or online at PlayNow.com, and that the proceeds from their play with BCLC make a positive impact at home in their community,” Pat Davis, President and CEO of BCLC, said.
Along with illegal online gambling websites, BCLC also competes with Washington State and Las Vegas casinos, all of which aggressively market to B.C. residents.
“BCLC continues to raise awareness that these gambling options do not support B.C.’s economy and take away funds from vital provincial and community-based programs and services. In a time when British Columbians are standing united, we want to reinforce that playing together with BCLC helps make B.C. even better,” Pat Davis added.
The post BCLC Launches “What’s played here stays here” Campaign appeared first on Gaming and Gambling Industry in the Americas.
-
AGCO6 days ago
AGCO issues $110,000 in penalties to BetMGM Canada for offering cash to induce new gambling customers
-
Central Europe6 days ago
Digitain Partners with Gamingtec to Expand Presence in Europe
-
BetVictor6 days ago
BetVictor Canada launches Tracy McGrady Safer Gambling campaign
-
Asia6 days ago
Asian Poker Tour Announces Cancellation of APT Manila 2025
-
Carlos Gomez5 days ago
Estadio Gana Launches in Mexico
-
Latest News5 days ago
BMM INNOVATION GROUP TO SHOWCASE ITS WORLD-LEADING TESTING SERVICES FOR BRAZIL’S FAST-GROWING GAMING MARKET AT BIS SIGMA AMERICAS SUMMIT APRIL 7–10
-
Australia4 days ago
Changes to Tipping Off Offence Came into Effect in Australia
-
Compliance Updates6 days ago
EPIC Global Solutions highlighted as a key element in PrizePicks’ iCAP Accreditation