Latest News
SAZKA Entertainment AG appoints Lord Sebastian Coe CH KBE to its board
Four time Olympic medal winner, current President of World Athletics, and a global leader in the world of sport, Lord Sebastian Coe CH KBE is to join the board of Europe’s largest lottery operators, SAZKA Entertainment AG. Lord Coe’s appointment as the board´s first Independent Non-Executive Director took effect as of September 14, 2021.
Sebastian Coe entered the global stage via athletics in the Moscow Olympic Games in 1980, winning a gold medal in the 1,500m and a silver in the 800m, a feat he repeated in the 1984 Los Angeles Olympic Games.
After retiring from competitive sport with twelve world records to his name in 1990, he became a Conservative MP and private secretary to William Hague, the then leader of the UK government opposition. In 2004, he became Chairman of London’s bid to host the 2012 Games. When the bid successfully won against Paris, Moscow, New York, and Madrid, he went on to Chair the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games Organising Committee. He has served as President of World Athletics since 2015, steering the sport on a world stage through the impact of Covid-19, including at a successful Tokyo Olympics. He was elected a member of the International Olympic Committee in 2020.
SAZKA Entertainment is a subsidiary of KKCG, the global investment group founded by Czech entrepreneur Karel Komárek. As chairman of SAZKA Entertainment’s board, Mr Komárek commented: “Lord Coe has been a colossal figure on the world stage of sport, politics and business through his long and distinguished career. We’re honoured to have him join our team as its first Independent Non-Executive Director. He brings tremendous additional strength to our international perspective as we strive to maximise the raising of funds for good causes in all of the markets we serve.”
Lord Sebastian Coe also commented on his appointment. “Over the years I’ve seen the tremendous benefit lottery funds have brought to grassroots and elite sport across the globe. I’m looking forward to joining a team with a proven track record of supporting sport at all levels in the countries where it operates. My role will be to ensure that we develop our support of sport further and ensure that SAZKA Entertainment is a powerful driving force behind grassroots and elite sport funding across Europe and beyond.”
Powered by WPeMatico
eSports
McDonald’s Germany signs on as presenting partner for G2 NORD and G2 Hel
McDonald’s Germany has partnered with G2 as presenting partner of G2 NORD, the organisation’s League of Legends academy team competing in Germany’s Prime League. The deal also includes support for the return of G2 Hel, G2’s women’s League of Legends team.
Under the agreement, McDonald’s Germany branding, including the “ich liebe es” (I’m lovin’ it) tagline, will appear on G2 NORD and G2 Hel jerseys. The partners also plan a year-long content programme focused on player storytelling and behind-the-scenes access, including a series featuring team president Niklot “Tolkin” Stüber.
G2 positioned the partnership around its regional development pathway. G2 NORD was formed earlier this year through a collaboration between G2 and NORD Esports, and the organisation said the roster has already won the Prime League Winter Snowdown and reached the playoffs in its first EMEA Masters run.
The company said McDonald’s Germany’s backing enables G2 Hel’s return, with the team set to compete in the upcoming Game Changers circuit. “This partnership goes beyond traditional sponsorship, it’s a shared commitment to pushing the boundaries of talent development and creating meaningful opportunities within the space,” said Alban Dechelotte, CEO of G2. Stijn Mentrop-Huliselan, CMO of McDonald’s Germany, added: “We’re proud to support G2 Nord and to celebrate the return of G2 Hel – a strong signal for equity, visibility and inclusion in esports.”
To launch the collaboration, McDonald’s and G2 released an announcement video featuring Jankos, Sola, Tolkin, Team Nord and Caltys, produced in-house by G2. McDonald’s Germany said its lead agency Scholz & Friends supported the development and execution of the partnership.
The post McDonald’s Germany signs on as presenting partner for G2 NORD and G2 Hel appeared first on Eastern European Gaming | Global iGaming & Tech Intelligence Hub.
Brazil
Entain names Sérgio Buono as new Head of Market Strategy for Brazil
Former Accenture and BCG executive steps in to lead strategic planning and support the long-term expansion of the local operation
Entain, the FTSE-listed British sports betting and entertainment giant and one of the world’s largest gaming operators, has officially announced the appointment of Sérgio Buono as its new Head of Market Strategy in Brazil.
In the Brazilian market, Entain’s core commercial operations are driven by Sportingbet, one of the jurisdiction’s premier online sports betting and entertainment brands.
Buono will be responsible for leading the company’s strategic planning efforts, with a sharp focus on business growth and the deployment of key operational initiatives.
His role will involve direct cross-functional collaboration with core divisions, including Marketing, CRM, Product, and Technology, providing data-driven insight to support decision-making and align local execution with Entain’s long-term global corporate goals.

Strategic background in Business Transformation
Prior to joining Entain, the executive served as a Principal Director at Accenture Strategy and a Project Leader at the Boston Consulting Group (BCG).
Throughout his consulting career, Buono has accumulated extensive expertise in corporate strategy, business transformation, and operational development across major tier-one companies in Brazil.
This strategic executive hire comes at a critical time of maturity and professionalization for the Brazilian gaming ecosystem, which has rapidly climbed to global prominence following the comprehensive implementation of federal market regulations.
“The greatest challenge, and also the highest potential, lies in working for a global multinational with such a dominant brand in a market that remains fresh, highly competitive, and dynamic,” stated Sérgio Buono, newly appointed Head of Market Strategy.
“Entain seamlessly bridges proprietary technology, human capital, and AI capabilities at a global scale. The real opportunity here is to translate those massive global assets into tangible, sustainable growth for our local business.”
With an established international footprint across multiple regulated jurisdictions, Entain continues to scale its organizational infrastructure and strategic investments in Brazil, reinforcing the group’s long-term corporate commitment to innovation, technology, and sustainable market expansion.
The post Entain names Sérgio Buono as new Head of Market Strategy for Brazil appeared first on Americas iGaming & Sports Betting News.
Brazil
Superbet unveils massive World Cup 2026 srategy for Brazil and US
The first federally regulated operator in Brazil launches high-impact marketing campaigns, high-scale live activations, immersive fan zones, and Latin America’s first collective free-to-play game to secure market leadership.
Superbet Group has announced an extensive corporate strategy for the upcoming World Cup 2026, positioning the brand not merely as an advertiser but as a central engine of the sports entertainment ecosystem.
Serving as the flagship initiative under its current brand platform, “Você Sente Quando É Super” (You Feel It When It’s Super).
The strategy developed by the first federally regulated company in Brazil aims to turn the tournament into a massive collective experience, connecting sports, technology, culture, and proprietary brand activations across national and international jurisdictions.
“We are deploying the most substantial financial and operational effort in the history of Superbet’s Brazilian operations, far exceeding our previous investments in major events like the Copa América and Carnival,” stated Patrícia Prates, Chief Marketing Officer at Superbet Brazil.
“Approximately 35% of our total annual budget will be concentrated around the World Cup during June and July.
This investment will seamlessly link live broadcasting, sponsorships, proprietary fan experiences, innovative products, and strategic activations across both Brazil and the United States.”
Media domination and Latin America’s first collective F2P game
As the exclusive sports betting brand securing master sponsorship rights for the official tournament broadcast on TV Globo—the country’s largest media network—Superbet will hold a commanding presence throughout the competition’s premium coverage.
This broadcast ecosystem will feature custom branding and contextual sports analysis integrated into the new “Minuto Superbet” segments.
On the product development front, the company is launching “Passa a Bola” (Pass the Ball), a groundbreaking free-to-play (F2P) collective game that transitions the traditional, individual sports betting interface into a highly interactive, peer-to-peer social dynamic.
A pioneer product in Latin America, the game was designed specifically around the social habits of Brazilian football fans, which rely heavily on messaging groups, shared predictions, and live match interactions.
Superbet projects that its hybrid entertainment ecosystem will reach an audience of over 100 million consumers across traditional television and digital media channels.

Strategic US footprint and official broadcasting alliances
- The Kwai Arena (USA): Superbet has secured the naming rights for a specialized project developed by Kwai for Business and the SAMY agency.
The venture will establish high-capacity hospitality hubs, live content creation spaces, and interactive fan experiences directly on US soil during the tournament.
- Official Radio Sponsorship: Rádio Mix has finalized a formal broadcasting agreement with FIFA to air the World Cup 2026.
The network is launching a robust multi-platform coverage strategy encompassing specialized programming and digital content, fully backed by Superbet’s corporate sponsorship.
Multi-channel campaign launches alongside National Team Selection
The company’s World Cup market offensive officially debuts on Monday, May 18, 2026, through a nationwide 360-degree marketing campaign starring Brazilian football icons Cafu, Zinho, Renato Gaúcho, and Túlio Maravilha.
Built around the collective passion for football, the “Convoque os Seus” (Summon your squad) campaign premieres its first cinematic piece, titled “A Convocação” (The Selection).
The piece is strategically timed to air during prime-time television on TV Globo immediately following the official announcement of the Brazilian National Team roster—a cultural moment where every fan assumes the role of the national coach.
The debut commercial features brand ambassador Cafu initiating his own “Captain’s Selection” on the beaches of Rio de Janeiro, bringing together Zinho, Túlio Maravilha, and Renato Gaúcho.
The cinematic launch also introduces the mechanics of the “Passa a Bola” F2P game, which is further detailed in the second commercial of the series.
The campaign concludes with a third film, titled “Chute Certo”.
The production was shot across two iconic locations in Rio de Janeiro: Grumari Beach and the Nilton Santos Olympic Stadium (Engenhão).
Following the TV premiere, the multi-channel campaign will expand into street-level marketing activations, programmatic digital media, and influencer-led content to capture fan feedback and live interactions in real time.
Immersive live experiences: naming rights for major fan zones
Superbet is significantly expanding its physical infrastructure footprint by securing exclusive naming rights for two of the largest fan zones in Brazil:
- Village Superbet (Rio de Janeiro): A massive experiential festival arena uniting live sports broadcasts, live music, and immersive brand experiences.
- Arena Brasileira (São Paulo): A premium hospitality hub dedicated to corporate relationship building, live viewing events, content creation, and major live concerts during the Brazilian National Team matchdays.
Safer gambling and regulatory compliance
In parallel with its massive marketing deployment, Superbet is reinforcing its strict corporate commitment to safer gambling, consumer protection, and technical compliance throughout the tournament.
The operator utilizes cutting-edge Artificial Intelligence (AI) and continuous data analytics to detect high-risk player behavior in real time.
The platform offers a comprehensive suite of responsible gaming tools, including customizable deposit limits, temporary timeouts, session reality checks, and self-exclusion mechanisms.
Supported by these proactive monitoring solutions, the average rate of high-risk users within Superbet’s Brazilian operations remains consistently below 0.1%.
With this robust strategy, Superbet looks to solidify its position as a market leader capable of bridging high-volume audiences, entertainment culture, and strict regulatory compliance during a historical moment for the newly regulated Brazilian market.
Link to the making-of the film.
The post Superbet unveils massive World Cup 2026 srategy for Brazil and US appeared first on Americas iGaming & Sports Betting News.
-
Apple7 days agoIBJR hails App Store approval as a milestone in the fight against illegal betting in Brazil
-
Black Label7 days agoPragmatic Play signs Latam Agreement with Black Label
-
AI6 days agoMGA Launches Consultation on AI Gaming Charter
-
Brasil7 days agoNo próximo ciclo do iGaming regulado, contexto será tão importante quanto tecnologia”
-
Latest News4 days agoStake releases Zoo casino game: a fast, multiplayer Stake Original where players bet on the wild side
-
Brazil6 days agoIBJR: Crackdown on Illegal Betting Critical to Success of Desenrola 2.0
-
Alberta6 days agoGaming Corps wins conditional Alberta iGaming supplier licence
-
Latest News4 days agoCloudbet Adds ELA Games to Its Casino Roster in Latest Move to Diversify Content for Global Crypto Players



